By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Dataminers find text about the end of Miiverse from new Wii U update

theRepublic said:
cycycychris said:

Since from a marketing standpoint, its better to have people share there screenshots and experiences through twitter/facebook rather than Miiverse, a closed network of only Nintendo owning people. I wish Miiverse could continue but I think this is what killed it, its a closed network. A lot of benifits to limiting people share on social media. I wish Miiverse could continue, it was such a great tool. It offers so much more to the consumer that social media can never replace.

You are right, but I still think it sucks.  No way am I going to be posting game related stuff on Facebook.  I am much happier with it on the semi-anonymous Miiverse.

And the great thing about Miiverse was it was easy to find a community for every game.  I am finding that even older eShop games usually have a few people playing them.  I feel like that would be more difficult to find on a non-dedicated service like Twitter.

This. Putting stuff gaming related on Facebook makes me feel uncomfortable as a majority of people are not like minded gamers like people on Miiverse. Would have loved to have it on Switch.

Around the Network

What a sad day that will be!!!

Switch!!!

That is fucked up. It wasn't that important but hell it was fun and cool to see posts and what people could draw. They might as well turn it into shit like they did with release of Swapnote which everyone said fuck it after they abandoned the first one. I expect a Miiverse 2.0 on Switch with paid DLC for colors and backgrounds.

Long live Miiverse. It was a great service and it blows that they didn't make a brand new one for Switch. It was one of those things where even if I was bored and had no games I wanted to play, I could sink an hour into it and have fun. It made the console feel alive 24/7. It's going to be sorely missed by me.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Long live Miiverse. It was a great service and it blows that they didn't make a brand new one for Switch. It was one of those things where even if I was bored and had no games I wanted to play, I could sink an hour into it and have fun. It made the console feel alive 24/7. It's going to be sorely missed by me.

It wont live long... its soon ending, also your already speaking of it in past tense.... its still working.

Yeah sucks nintendo didnt bother bringing it to the switch.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

It wont live long... its soon ending, also your already speaking of it in past tense.... its still working.

Yeah sucks nintendo didnt bother bringing it to the switch.

Let me correct myself... long live the memory of Miiverse.

nooooo, Miiverse is fun, does a great job showing random people's stupid posts >.

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Miiverse is one of the best things Nintendo ever created and is without a doubt one of the dumbest things to end. I love how simple the Switch is (both physically, and in how it operates) but it SHOULD have had Miiverse. American gamers DONT like posting nerdy things frequently on their general social media accounts (facebook, instagram, etc.), whereas they would have felt and did feel comfortable posting on miiverse on the Wii U and 3ds. This isn't Japan, where everyone 10-60 is walking around playing games; here it is still kind of embarassing to play games in public around others (especially with the "pressure" that employers and potential employers will look at your social media to judge how "professional" you are).

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

The only good addition to Nintendo's online is going away. How fun.