By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Japan's Nintendo Switch Lines Are Hell 

Miyamotoo said:
ktay95 said:
Literally Nintendo need to just go to Europe and Australia and take all our Switches back and send them to Japan and the US. Nobody here is buying them and we have thousands of people elsewhere lining up for hours for a chance to buy one

Eh, Australia is tiny market and Switch is also outsold in many Europe countries, interesting Switch is available in smaller Europe countries (like Nordic region), in bigger markets like UK, Germany, France and Spain its much harder to find it.

In France there is no longer any stock shortage for months (I would say since mid may). I see Switches in all stores.

Around the Network
Lauster said:
Miyamotoo said:

Eh, Australia is tiny market and Switch is also outsold in many Europe countries, interesting Switch is available in smaller Europe countries (like Nordic region), in bigger markets like UK, Germany, France and Spain its much harder to find it.

In France there is no longer any stock shortage for months (I would say since mid may). I see Switches in all stores.

I actually saw that Amazon France did not have Switch for months, maybe now they are having it.

Miyamotoo said:
Lauster said:

I actually saw that Amazon France did not have Switch for months, maybe now they are having it.

I have the impression that Amazon's Switch stock is poorly renewed.

Afterwards, this is only my observation at the local level in several hypermarkets (Auchan, Carrefour, Leclerc) and Micromania (French branch of Gamestop) near my home. I don't know if we can extrapolate that at the national level, but I don't see people complaining about not finding a Switch currently here.

Lauster said:
Miyamotoo said:

I have the impression that Amazon's Switch stock is poorly renewed.

Afterwards, this is only my observation at the local level in several hypermarkets (Auchan, Carrefour, Leclerc) and Micromania (French branch of Gamestop) near my home. I don't know if we can extrapolate that at the national level, but I don't see people complaining about not finding a Switch currently here.

Fact that Amazon is dont have regular stocks proves that stock situation isn't still normal.

I'll sell them mine. Bidding starts at $500 lol

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

They're all going to regret their purchase when they face me Bwahahaha.

Uh oh. It happened again... http://nintendoeverything.com/huge-lines-form-once-again-in-japan-for-switch-and-splatoon-2/

maxleresistant said:
trent44 said:

Is the Joycon the supply constraint????

They are still shipping Joycon as standalone without the console.

And, getting more consoles in consumer's hands right now is a bigger priority, as it will directly effect software sales, install base, developer support, profits, momentum for this entire Gen for Nintendo, etc.

If it is only the Joycon, it seems very unlikely they would continue to ship much at all as standalone, since that is not that important by comparison to the company.

The NAND constriant has more plausibility in my understanding.

I'm telling you what he told me. The fact that the joycons are sold separately doesn't change the fact that they could be the problems. They are not going to stop to sell them separately, they need to sell them separately, so they actually need to produce more of them than the "tablet", so that means that it is even harder. So it makes sense to me.

But since we know Nintendo has a supply issue, if the issue was caused by the joycon production you can bet they would stop or dractically reduce the sale of standalone joycons if it means they can sell more consoles that way. Which does point at the production issue being elsewhere.

Signature goes here!

Green098 said:
Uh oh. It happened again... http://nintendoeverything.com/huge-lines-form-once-again-in-japan-for-switch-and-splatoon-2/

Oh man! I feel sorry for them :( But If they are really desperate, maybe they should have just bought it overseas? Im sure you can change it to Japanese? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Give me Switch at catalog price .