By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Japan's Nintendo Switch Lines Are Hell 

This seems to be the standard currently in Japan sadly. They really should take all the Switches from other countries and release them in Japan, so they'd see less of this problem.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Xen said:
Jranation said:

What happened? He got banned for this?

"no content" or somethng like that.

Modding on this website is overly proactive sometimes.

If you take a peek at gentii's profile, you will not find this overly. It has occurred quite a few times.

and this is just to get a raffle ticket. based on Kotaku, around 3000 were in line but the raffle tickets are only 250. :(

Nintendo really underestimate Japanese market.

maxleresistant said:

And don't expect those Switch stock problems to be resolved in 2017.

You didn't hear it from me, but the Snes mini may have been fast tracked to this year because of the switch stock problems.

I think it's fair to say we won't see this improve until the bidding war stops. Nintendo literally has no chance to compete against Apple for parts.

Also, I actually do see where you're coming from. The SNES Mini will help bring awareness for Nintendo products to help it sell more. Perhaps we'll see a boost in Switch demand and more units being made around the time of the mini's release

Around the Network
Barkley said:
I'd never wait in a line like that, for anything.

The cure?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Lol, they're going to have a competition where a radio show makes people hold in their bladder for a Switch - then one of them dies - and the family sues the radio for millions. Don't question my theory, I'm from the future

ktay95 said:
Literally Nintendo need to just go to Europe and Australia and take all our Switches back and send them to Japan and the US. Nobody here is buying them and we have thousands of people elsewhere lining up for hours for a chance to buy one

Doesnt apply to Germany! Switch not to be seen locally in stores. You can manage to get a neon one on Amazon without too much waiting. The grey version not so much... Selling for 400€ new atm.  I regularly check big eletronic stores in Berlin and Hamburg just for curitosity and they never have the Switch in stock. Just last week I talked to a guy working in the games department in Saturn in main station area in Hamburg (one of the biggest stores) and he said they come in and are usually gone the same day.

Nintendo really blew it with the supply shortages. The Switch could be an all out phenomenon already in Japan, but I'm worried by the time they catch up to demand there a lot of people just might not care as much anymore.

ktay95 said:
Literally Nintendo need to just go to Europe and Australia and take all our Switches back and send them to Japan and the US. Nobody here is buying them and we have thousands of people elsewhere lining up for hours for a chance to buy one

Eh, Australia is tiny market and Switch is also outsold in many Europe countries, interesting Switch is available in smaller Europe countries (like Nordic region), in bigger markets like UK, Germany, France and Spain its much harder to find it.