By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YES! MGS4 more similar to MGS2 than to MGS3!

rocketpig said:
Supposed said:
rocketpig said:
My wife thanks you for saving us $60, Kojima.

Every MGS thread... *yawn*

I only bitch because I liked the stories in 1 & 3 so much (though not the controls in 3).

Everything IN MGS4 about the patriots will be answered, so thats all you need to know.

mM
Around the Network

Any other MGS2 fans can't wait after this news?

MGS2 turned a lot of people off because of things like a convoluted storyline and hours upon hours of cutscenes that ruined the pacing. I disagree about the story being hard to understand and definitely hated the pacing, but what I REALLY hated about MGS2 is the whiney little b**** I had to put up with every time I needed to save. "Jack am I pretty?" "Shut up, b****, I have people shooting at me!" So if MGS4 is like 2 in that sense...goddamn you Kojima for not learning from the past! If anything, I hope it takes after Subsistence, one of my favorite games, period.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Instant_Karma said:
MGS2 turned a lot of people off because of things like a convoluted storyline and hours upon hours of cutscenes that ruined the pacing. I disagree about the story being hard to understand and definitely hated the pacing, but what I REALLY hated about MGS2 is the whiney little b**** I had to put up with every time I needed to save. "Jack am I pretty?" "Shut up, b****, I have people shooting at me!" So if MGS4 is like 2 in that sense...goddamn you Kojima for not learning from the past! If anything, I hope it takes after Subsistence, one of my favorite games, period.

All of what you said can be summed up by:

Kojima, you suck at telling stories and your philosophy is poorly thought-out.

Done. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Man, MGS2 sucks. Stop acting like all of the sudden it's 50/50 opinion.

Most MGS fans, or at least the hardcore ones, think of MGS2 like Highlander 2.

Lets pretend like it never happened.

The boss battles were sparse and mediocre.

You don't play as Snake.

The story is confusing and has no resolution.

Nothing that's good about MGS made an appearance in MGS2 except for the part where you play as Snake on the ship.

Otherwise, MGS3 is probably my favorite PS2 game, while MGS2 is, imo, one of the most horrible abominations of all time, and the ONLY reason that I still worry about 4.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Awsome news! MGS2 was fun as hell and had a well thought out story even if some parts didn't come together as well as people hoped. I loved mgs3 almost just as much as 2 but I thought that Kojima may have sold himself short a little trying to cater to all the winning fans. I hope that with 4 he will go back to his original vision for the series.

I didn't like MGS2 a whole lot, number 3 was awesome though.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

ZenfoldorVGI said:

That is a most excellent comparison.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

ZenfoldorVGI said:

You don't play as Snake.

Nothing that's good about MGS made an appearance in MGS2 except for the part where you play as Snake on the ship.

Otherwise, MGS3 is probably my favorite PS2 game, while MGS2 is, imo, one of the most horrible abominations of all time, and the ONLY reason that I still worry about 4.

==> some serious MGS2 hater here ...

Time to Work !

==> same thing can be said to you. People are allowed to think differently from you

==> no evidence here, just more BS
As if Highlander1 could be compared to MGS1 ... just lol.

==> ...

==> false, some were good and at least there was more background on each boss than the poor Cobra team of MGS3 ...

You don't play as Snake.
==> right, not a so big issue in a way since he is still here

==> you are right, it doesn't mean it is a bad story IF u release another episode later as MGS4 and that this episode answer to our question.

==> it was ok.

==> well I preferred MGS1 over MGS3 over MGS2. I understand soem dislike about MGS2.
Just dont like your free hate.
Maybe, if it can help you, you shouldn't buy/play MGS4 ...

Time to Work !