By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rocket League: 33 million players have experienced the game, active players by platform

Surprised to see pc in last place. Ps4 at the top is expected!

Great to see the userbase so high. Rocket league was the surprise hit of 2015. Best ps plus game I ever got.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
I guess the PS4 crowd had dwindled a bit due to it being available earlier. Still, I expected it to have a higher percentage than it does.

I think people just moved on - too many great game releases I guess.

Not me though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I've played RL a lot since launch (Legend status). I used to play a few games almost daily but haven't played in months because there's too much other games to play.

think-man said:
How is Xbox higher than PC though?

Because more people play it on Xbox than on PC.

OP- I'm pretty bad at it but I still enjoy playing.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
PS = blue, yep that seems right.

Xbox = green, yep right again

Steam = orange? That's new... totally cool though. Orange > blue/green!

Half Life and Orange Box. It makes sense.

Ka-pi96 said:

Orange Box/Half Life

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Pc probably has a smaller percentage because more people have already played it/it's been out longer, plus there's a bunch of new trendy online games.

Ka-pi96 said:

Orange for Steam.. that hints to the Orange Box.. which has Half Life 2 packaged in with 2 other games which = 3

OMG! Half Life 3 confirmed!

On a more serious note, i prefer Steam to be Grey however orange goes good too.

twintail said:
With player count like that, having cross platform play, while definitely nice to have, is almost irrelevant.

Its never irrelevant. Just think about the next couple of years when the game starts to drastically lose players. Cross play will increase the life span of the game by keeping the populations high on those servers. I am sure you have played an old MP game where you found it hard to find matches. Well cross play helps with that.

I agree that as of right now, its not so much a big deal. Next year and beyond are different stories.