By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rocket League: 33 million players have experienced the game, active players by platform

Huh... I expected PC to have a higher share for this game.

Around the Network

I admit I'm surprised that Steam is so low after all. Makes it all the more embarrassing that 100% of pro players are on PC^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

twintail said:
Azzanation said:

Its never irrelevant. Just think about the next couple of years when the game starts to drastically lose players. Cross play will increase the life span of the game by keeping the populations high on those servers. I am sure you have played an old MP game where you found it hard to find matches. Well cross play helps with that.

I agree that as of right now, its not so much a big deal. Next year and beyond are different stories.

Well I was talking about RL as it is right now, not what it might become.

You are right, in years to come when a game has lost its player count that cross platform will be important. But Im talking specifically about RL, specifically about now. 

Then you have specifically not played the game now.

You have on good times about 200k players active across all platforms. Split those by region, playlist and MMR you will have a tiny fraction left for match making. And now you want split it in half again because no cross play?

Of course as a PC player I don't mind because I can cross play with all consoles but for PS4 players it must suck to only having PC players to play with. Just having 33% players(and soon more) not available to you because your console overlord is a fucking stuck up diva must feel bad.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Pc probably has a smaller percentage because more people have already played it/it's been out longer, plus there's a bunch of new trendy online games.

And it hasnt been out for a while on PS/XB? Also what about the new trendy online games on PS/XB?

30 million of them seem to be disabled people or 5 year olds.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Pc probably has a smaller percentage because more people have already played it/it's been out longer, plus there's a bunch of new trendy online games.

And it hasnt been out for a while on PS/XB? Also what about the new trendy online games on PS/XB?

Apparently PS4 and PC version launched around the same time so eh. My point was if the PC version released first that might be why it has a lower player base. My bad, geesh. No need to be so argumentitive. 

There's not that many hahahahah