By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will Xbox One pass 50 million?

Will it?

Yes it will 309 44.46%

No it won't 386 55.54%

Total:695

I wanna say yes.  But I'm not sure.

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Despite MS screwing it up big time, it's a good console backed by a very strong company and it should reach that goal, if MS won't kill it too early.

But ist it still selling over 60% of its total in the US? At some point there wont be any more american gamers to sell it to.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Despite MS screwing it up big time, it's a good console backed by a very strong company and it should reach that goal, if MS won't kill it too early.

But ist it still selling over 60% of its total in the US? At some point there wont be any more american gamers to sell it to.

It was almost the same for XB360 too, not over 60%, but over 50% anyway, and it sold 45M in USA and 85M WW, so 30-35M USA and 50M WW shouldn't be unreachable.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

yes, i would say close to 60 Million LT !

The way sales are crashing lately I kind of doubt it, but given the fact a lot of XBox fans will double dip over time when the XB1X will be down in price (which will probably happen rather sooner than later) it's still possible. Plus one still has to take into account that the regular X1 will probably sell for 150 with some games soon, so a lot of American parents might still buy one on Black Friday.

Around the Network

I predict Xbox will try to fix their image, and start putting out some semi-exclusives. Games like PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will be exclusive for consoles on Xbox for a while before they get ported to PS4, and should be a system mover for the X.

Fans of the Xbox i'm sure have also had enough of hearing how weak their hardware is and can't wait to upgrade.

It will surpass 50 million, but will it break the 60 million mark? With software, software, software, and software,....yes. If they continue with their heads up their poop chute, then no on the 60.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Depends when they kill it off, but atm it is trending no.

SegataSanshiro said:

No. Won't hit 45 million either.

So you think it won't sell another 16 million? What's your reasoning here?

curl-6 said:
SegataSanshiro said:

No. Won't hit 45 million either.

Been sitting just under 30 million for some time. Not enough true exclusives. XB1X too expensive. PS4 picking up more steam. Switch picking up steam and taking more away from it.  All Xbox has for it is diminishing returns and it's totally dead in Japan.

SegataSanshiro said:
curl-6 said:

Been sitting just under 30 million for some time. Not enough true exclusives. XB1X too expensive. PS4 picking up more steam. Switch picking up steam and taking more away from it.  All Xbox has for it is diminishing returns and it's totally dead in Japan.

Yes but Americans love it enough that even selling 5-6 million a year for the next three years will be another 15-18 million which would put it in the 45-48 million range. Assuming microsoft supports it that long.