By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will Xbox One pass 50 million?

Will it?

Yes it will 309 44.46%

No it won't 386 55.54%

Total:695
Alby_da_Wolf said:
eva01beserk said:

But ist it still selling over 60% of its total in the US? At some point there wont be any more american gamers to sell it to.

It was almost the same for XB360 too, not over 60%, but over 50% anyway, and it sold 45M in USA and 85M WW, so 30-35M USA and 50M WW shouldn't be unreachable.

So the 360 did 57.24% acording to vgc and the x1 has 61.77%. Nothing is ipossible with enouff time. But asuming this is the midle of the gen and the ps5/x2 will come out in 2020. This year will be the x1's peak year, with the release of the 1x and the grim future in exclusives, we can only assume that it will be on the decline after this year. So 20m more is the most optimistic outcome I belive the x1 has.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Been sitting just under 30 million for some time. Not enough true exclusives. XB1X too expensive. PS4 picking up more steam. Switch picking up steam and taking more away from it.  All Xbox has for it is diminishing returns and it's totally dead in Japan.

Yes but Americans love it enough that even selling 5-6 million a year for the next three years will be another 15-18 million which would put it in the 45-48 million range. Assuming microsoft supports it that long. 

Yes, asuming MS suports it, but looking at this E3, I say that they dont. I mean, you can wait for the inevitable halo and forza next year, but what else? More indys? That wont drive sales. What also wont drive sales is making the same 3 Big xbox Ip's, they are just pleasing the existing userbase, it wont gain new gamers.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

If it passes the 50 million mark it would already be next gen for Sony. Microsoft would have to sell more than ten million consoles per year to hit fifty. With the Switch and Sony being the closest option in offerings on the market this might be tough. The X will give it a boost, but only a marginal boost that will merely last months and not even a year.

Yeah, 60 - 65 million is my guess.

$199 Xbox One S
$399 Xbox One X

for holiday 2018 should do well.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Yeah, 60 - 65 million is my guess.

$199 Xbox One S
$399 Xbox One X

for holiday 2018 should do well.

The Xbox One X wont be $399 at launch. I doubt they would even drop the price then because the X is not being sold at a profit.  Its being sold at cost. It would probably get a price cut at the last year of the gen. Do you think the Xbox One can maintain telling 10 million consoles per year though?

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:

No. Won't hit 45 million either.

S.Peelman said:
Depends on how long Microsoft plans to keep it on the market, and with how many revisions. I doubt it's as high as VGC has it in the first place, and it's safe to say I'm not a believer in 50m.

Random_Matt said:
No chance, relatively it is a flop.

Did you guys do the math?

If it can maintain just 5 million sales a year, that would get it to 50 million. Which is millions lower than its average.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It likely will. If it sold ~30 million to date I don't see why it couldn't do another 20 million in the next 3-4 years with cheaper consoles and a new premium model. XboneX will probably sell a few million to the hardcore this year alone.

Though a decline of 40% over the 360 is terribad and they are not happy with it. That's almost the same kind of drop from PS2 to PS3 % wise.

Mr Puggsly said:
SegataSanshiro said:

No. Won't hit 45 million either.

S.Peelman said:
Depends on how long Microsoft plans to keep it on the market, and with how many revisions. I doubt it's as high as VGC has it in the first place, and it's safe to say I'm not a believer in 50m.

Random_Matt said:
No chance, relatively it is a flop.

Did you guys do the math?

If it can maintain just 5 million sales a year, that would get it to 50 million. Which is millions lower than its average.

Do ypu do the math? Whn are you expecting the next gen to start. Cuz we think 2020 at the most and thas only 3 years, so at 5m per year that would leave the x1 at 45m.

Ka-pi96 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

If it passes the 50 million mark it would already be next gen for Sony. Microsoft would have to sell more than ten million consoles per year to hit fifty. With the Switch and Sony being the closest option in offerings on the market this might be tough. The X will give it a boost, but only a marginal boost that will merely last months and not even a year.

When do you think the PS5 will be releasing?

It will probably end this year in the mid 30s so assuming the PS5 is a 2019 release it would be more like 8m per year, rather than over 10. So unless you're expecting a 2018 PS5?

Hasent the x1 sold around 8m per year though? Its already down yoy and the release of the 1x will probably put it even or a litle above last year and this is definetly its peak year. This is the last year it does over 8m.

I've never been interested in the Xbox product line but I'm interested now after hearing about the pixel cunt advantage.