By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Oddworld Creator, Lorne Lanning Exposes Nintendo! & Says Tasteless Stuff About Iwata!

Mnementh said:
naruball said:

Not your intial point: ''Not unless it's a big indie title like Shovel Knight. New'n'Tastey is a late indie remake of a nearly 2 decades old game. I don't know what kind of promotion he was expecting''.

I never said such a thing. And actually Nintendo did advertise, that I showed you. So what is your problem? Nintendo advertises the indies as does Sony. Lanning expects obviously more effort from Nintendo than from Sony, that's why his rant. He measures the platform holders with different expectations.

My bad. I confused your user names. That was the point I was replying to (spemaning)

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
naruball said:

Not your intial point: ''Not unless it's a big indie title like Shovel Knight. New'n'Tastey is a late indie remake of a nearly 2 decades old game. I don't know what kind of promotion he was expecting''.

I never said such a thing. And actually Nintendo did advertise, that I showed you. So what is your problem? Nintendo advertises the indies as does Sony. Lanning expects obviously more effort from Nintendo than from Sony, that's why his rant. He measures the platform holders with different expectations.

Nice try but he never said that. We don't know what else Sony did for him.

onionberry said:

I'm not even talking about Nintendo, I'm talking about indie developers acting like victims. On nintendo platforms or any platform. What I get from this guy is that he blames Nintendo because his game is not that successful on nintendo consoles because he thinks that Nintendo HAS to advertise a late port of a niche indie game, boohoo the victim. Meanwhile the developers of shovel knight are extremely happy with Nintendo...

I'm talking bout that "we're indie devs, please udnerstand" part, ebcause that's the same type of phrase "please understand" that has been sued by Nintendo and fans for years. Nintendo isn't a victim either, nor are the devs, but citing "please understand" as an indie thing is far off from the truth.

If you think about it, on PC devs have to do everything by thesemlves, you'd think doing so for a console would be different, what with marketing deals, exclusivity agreements, having them sort out your physical goods etc.

You're using a dev that's found sucess vs one that hasn't, hardly a fair comparsion, boohoo the lsoer is the loser, winner is chicken dinner, sun shines, birds fly, night and day. What about all the other devs that didn't find success with Nintendo?, "git gud scrub? for them?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

It's really interesting to watch people revise history and pretend working with Nintendo wasn't a terrible experience until recently.

This is the company that required developers to rent an office space before they could release a game on a Nintendo system. They also would not pay developers at all until their game reached a certain threshold of sales.

Let's just dismiss everything he says, though, and call him "salty".

SpokenTruth said:
The guy bitched about the having to spend extra time and effort to port to Switch because it's not the same spec as PS/Xbox. Funny, because that's actually been one of the highlights of the system from 3rd parties and indie developers.

Thank you for always bringing some common sense into VG threads.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
It's really interesting to watch people revise history and pretend working with Nintendo wasn't a terrible experience until recently.

This is the company that required developers to rent an office space before they could release a game on a Nintendo system. They also would not pay developers at all until their game reached a certain threshold of sales.

That's something that happened 2 generations ago when indie games on consoles was a new thing. This interview was like 3 months ago.

naruball said:
Mnementh said:

My bad. I confused your user names. That was the point I was replying to (spemaning)

Well, as Lanning was wrong and Spemanig was assuming he was right, the point evaporates anyway, Nintendo did advertise Oddworld.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

pokoko said:

I wish Nintendo would do this again. 

naruball said:
Mnementh said:

Nice try but he never said that. We don't know what else Sony did for him.

Yes, exactly, we don't know. He talks about advertising, so if we don't know it wasn't happening.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

pokoko said:

Let's just dismiss everything he says, though, and call him "salty".

This is what irks me to no end, is the level of focus on the Iwata part as well as the dev being shitty and not "getting gud" with his games. It's the same over on Desctructoid and it's getting rather stupid from seeing all the excuses rolling in against the dev's issues. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"