By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Oddworld Creator, Lorne Lanning Exposes Nintendo! & Says Tasteless Stuff About Iwata!

My god... the butthurt is strong in this guy.

Around the Network

I was close to buying oddworld on ps4 then on Wii U when it released.Then I looked at a gameplay video and decided otherwise. Just didn't appeal to me

Let me guess, it's about people not getting the difference between figuratively and literally. Kinda disrespectful to put words in someone's mouth.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I remember when this guy was relevant. At least he guessed right that giving some salty rants would net him some views.

The thread title sounds like a tabloid and the content of the article is just as stupid as one on top of that.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Let me guess, it's about people not getting the difference between figuratively and literally. Kinda disrespectful to put words in someone's mouth.

Reading it I thought it was figurative, but when I listened to him speak he sounded like he meant it literally.

Mnementh said:
naruball said:

My bad. I confused your user names. That was the point I was replying to (spemaning)

Well, as Lanning was wrong and Spemanig was assuming he was right, the point evaporates anyway, Nintendo did advertise Oddworld.

Where talking about a guy who moved all his production focus to the  xbox because he wasn't happy with  Sony's architecture and proclaimed he wanted his company to be another disney not just a software  developer, he seems to want everyone to bend over backwards to accomadate him ,still when the MS focus never brought the success of playstation he changed tack and the games belatedly appeared on Sony's consoles once again, he's someone who created odd world and thought he could mould it into a multimedia conglomerate .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

NintendoPie said:
The thread title sounds like a tabloid 

Yeah I know That was kinda the point. I used to write articles and draw comics for my university's paper.

Man sounds rather petty and was simultaneously aggressive and thereafter defensive when questioned. He's all over the place with what constitutes a success and, for the most part, just comes across as selfish.

This interview certainly isn't aging well lol, it can suck to have your opinions recorded.

Third parties had quite a bit of success with the Wii. That's why it received so many titles, including quite a few quality ones. In terms of third party support it was easily Nintendo's most successful effort since the SNES. Sure, the Wii didn't get many ports, but its bread and butter from third parties were exclusive games anyway. And many of these exclusives sold well.

Ubisoft, SEGA, EA, THQ, Bandai Namco, Activision, Disney Interactive and Capcom all saw success on the Wii throughout much of its life. Sure, Nintendo and the Wii kinda dropped the ball in year 5, but to say Nintendo was the only company that saw any real success on the console is just wrong. Same goes for DS, and 3DS to a lesser extent. Nintendo's only genuine failures on the third party front were the Gamecube and Wii U, and that had nothing to do with hardware. Gamecube was just as capable as its contemporaries, and third parties were making games that could have run on the Wii U well after the system came out. Third parties ended up skipping these consoles because they sold poorly.

I'm sorry Nintendo didn't promote his game, but I see nothing wrong with Nintendo policies meant to punish late ports. I mean, Microsoft apparently won't even LET late ports on their platform:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/09/studio-must-delay-multiplatform-game-to-get-xbox-one-release

Putting the Wii alongside the Wii U when talking about bad third party support while ignoring the Gamecube is some history revisionist nonsense.