By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Out-of-left-field Nintendo is back: introducing Nintendo Alarmo, an interactive Nintendo-themed alarm clock.

I wonder if this is the mythical Quality of Life product that's apparently been kicking around for years now.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Out-of-left-field Nintendo is back: introducing Nintendo Alarmo, an interactive Nintendo-themed alarm clock.

I wonder if this is the mythical Quality of Life product that's apparently been kicking around for years now.

I'd prefer a Donkey Kong version that wakes you up with the DK yell from DKC.

Alarms tend to train your brain to hate whatever sound wakes you up constantly, so this is a very creative way to make people hate their favourite soundtracks.

Shaunodon said:

Alarms tend to train your brain to hate whatever sound wakes you up constantly, so this is a very creative way to make people hate their favourite soundtracks.

Then why not instead have people woken up by game sounds they already hate? Like Mr. Resetti or Viridi saying anything at all?

Start your day right with the Redead scream from Ocarina of Time at max volume.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Start your day right with the Redead scream from Ocarina of Time at max volume.

How about the Wind Waker ReDead scream, it's ironically even scarier.

The biggest nothing burger of them all.

Selling something you can get on a smartphone easily for $100 and on top of that motion senses you while you wake up lol.

BasilZero said:

The biggest nothing burger of them all.

Selling something you can get on a smartphone easily for $100 and on top of that motion senses you while you wake up lol.

Heh, if anything Apple made everyone learn is that they only need to make it their own for people to actually give a shit about said product. 

No sorcery here to think Nintendo would do the same while utilizing their IPs and music catalog for such.

Anyyyway, will need to see how the motion sensors operate with different sleep variables (lighting, movements, ambient sounds, etc ...) before thinking of even owning something like this haha.

Perfect opportunity for the Guardian theme from BOTW to wake you up in fear lol

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I read a rumor earlier that this "new feature" could be GameCube cloud streaming, and seeing what the requirements are, I kinda believe it lol. I got accepted, hopped on it the second the site went live, so I'll see what this ends up being.

My boi @VersusEvil actually thought of this "new feature" potentially being to test some sort of native party system allowing for party chats and joining online games with your party. 

That would absolutely be considered a new feature. Pretty late in the Switch's lifecycle but would be something that could be there on the Switch successor on day one and is something sorely needed considering no one uses the smartphone app lol