By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Nice, I was hoping Bakeru would get a release here!

Around the Network

I wish Nintendo had an in-house studio do a successor to GoldenEye. Maybe call it Top Secret as a nod to the Motion Sensor Bomb's origin in Smash Bros. being changed from GoldenEye to "TOP SECRET".

curl-6 said:

Bakeru is getting a physical release in the West:

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/462667/bakeru-physical-edition-for-switch-coming-to-north-america-and-europe/

Monolith Soft is working on a new in-house engine, and has founded a new R&D department with the goal of streamlining game development:

https://www.gonintendo.com/contents/41247-monolith-soft-working-on-new-in-house-engine-for-large-scale-projects

Monolith Soft just gaining more and more weight on Nintendo's portfolio once again 😎 Wonder if the spruced up Xenoblade engine they're working could be eventually be used by other Nintendo 1st party studios at some point ...

Anyway, this can only be good news for whatever new game or Xenoblade they are working for in the future. 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Damn there's just too many side quests in Bravely Default 2 especially in Chapter 5.

I must have clocked these past 5 hours just to do side quests and there's even more that I didnt know were out there until I started looking into them. Apparently different side quests depending if its day time or night time too.

Sucks that most of them are fetch quests, reminds me of the side quests in Ni No Kuni 1 which I really hated too.

SMT series side quests were great.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Bakeru is getting a physical release in the West:

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/462667/bakeru-physical-edition-for-switch-coming-to-north-america-and-europe/

Monolith Soft is working on a new in-house engine, and has founded a new R&D department with the goal of streamlining game development:

https://www.gonintendo.com/contents/41247-monolith-soft-working-on-new-in-house-engine-for-large-scale-projects

Monolith Soft just gaining more and more weight on Nintendo's portfolio once again 😎 Wonder if the spruced up Xenoblade engine they're working could be eventually be used by other Nintendo 1st party studios at some point ...

Anyway, this can only be good news for whatever new game or Xenoblade they are working for in the future. 

Yeah, with so much of the industry leaning on third party middleware like Unreal, it's cool to see some devs still leveraging their own in-house technology; Xenoblade 1 and X squeezed incredible results out of the Wii/Wii U, and while 2 and 3 did struggle a little against the limits of the Switch, they were still some of the more technically ambitious first party titles from Nintendo this generation.

I can't wait to see what they can pull off with more capable hardware.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Mar1217 said:

Yeah, with so much of the industry leaning on third party middleware like Unreal, it's cool to see some devs still leveraging their own in-house technology; Xenoblade 1 and X squeezed incredible results out of the Wii/Wii U, and while 2 and 3 did struggle a little against the limits of the Switch, they were still some of the more technically ambitious first party titles from Nintendo this generation.

I can't wait to see what they can pull off with more capable hardware.

Ironic that we got this news/interview from them in the same timeframe we had the news about the newly renamed Halo Studios switching to UE5 indeed. I understand the need for more manageable tools for potential hirees considering Microsoft still opts for a lot of contractual work instead of long stay employees like we have at Nintendo mostly, meaning it's probably easier on the development side due to having less time to waste on forming an extern to your propriety engine, moreso if he's not there to stay too long.

BasilZero said:

Damn there's just too many side quests in Bravely Default 2 especially in Chapter 5.

I must have clocked these past 5 hours just to do side quests and there's even more that I didnt know were out there until I started looking into them. Apparently different side quests depending if its day time or night time too.

Sucks that most of them are fetch quests, reminds me of the side quests in Ni No Kuni 1 which I really hated too.

SMT series side quests were great.

Quest design is much basic in that game, it's mostly an excuse to go back to dungeons and grind a bit some more imo.

On the other hand, I spent too much on another Square Enix card game lol.