By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
G2ThaUNiT said:

A big part of that is the developers making the games. Kirby is made by HAL Laboratory and if you look at the list of games HAL has released over the past 20 years, it's primarily Kirby.

DK's most popular games, aside from the original arcade trilogy in the early 80s, have been made by Western developers in Rare and Retro Studios. Golden Sun was made by Camelot Software Planning, Earthbound was made by a combined effort of Ape Inc/HAL, which Ape merged into Creatures and only focuses on Pokémon now.

So it's like most of these franchises are never made by Nintendo themselves. They're outsourced. So idk if Nintendo just doesn't have much of an interest or the studios haven't presented any interesting ideas on how to utilize these franchises, other than Kirby because that's pretty much all HAL has these days, or what. 

What I'm really hoping turns out to be the case, is the next DK game is a 3D platformer. Seeing the huge success of Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Surely that will have opened Nintendo's eyes. Just don't have it be an absurd collect-a-thon like DK64 was lol

Thats true, sad to know that there's no Japanese in house studio to work on it.

Between DK and Kirby....I'd take Kirby but I'm a bit bias on that :p

Donkey Kong Country (SNES): 87
Donkey Kong Country (GBC): 76
Donkey Kong Country (GBA): 87
Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES): 93
Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES): 90
Donkey Kong Land (GB): 45
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii): 91
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS): 87
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (WiiU): 91

Kirby's Dream Land (GB): 65
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB): 76
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES): 87
Kirby's Adventure (NES): 89
Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land (GBA): 92
Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards (N64): 78
Kirby Squeak Squad (NDS): 90
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii): 86
Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii): 85
Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS): 94
Kirby Planet Robobot (3DS): 95
Kirby Star Allies (NS): 96
Kirby Super Star (SNES): 100
Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS): 100
Kirby Canvas Curse (DS): 71

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

They didnt kill it. DKC Returns did more harm because it was too difficult for many casual players, so they didnt bother with Tropical Freeze. Its not a dead franchise at all, it just a franchise that takes alot of talent, time and care to make and it doesnt sell 10+ million. So Nintendo may be more hesitant when it comes to a new game when they can make way cheaper and easier games in franchises that sell 3 times more.

100% agree on DKC Returns being way more difficult lol

The last two levels I had to use the assist...

BasilZero said:
KLXVER said:

They didnt kill it. DKC Returns did more harm because it was too difficult for many casual players, so they didnt bother with Tropical Freeze. Its not a dead franchise at all, it just a franchise that takes alot of talent, time and care to make and it doesnt sell 10+ million. So Nintendo may be more hesitant when it comes to a new game when they can make way cheaper and easier games in franchises that sell 3 times more.

Some of the K levels in Returns and Tropical Freeze are brutal for sure. Makes you feel great when you finally get through them though. They dont feel unfair. You know its your own mistake when you die. lol

KLXVER said:
BasilZero said:

Some of the K levels in Returns and Tropical Freeze are brutal for sure. Makes you feel great when you finally get through them though. They dont feel unfair. You know its your own mistake when you die. lol

Tropical Freeze was easier overall, and a big improvement over Returns. More playable Kongs, actual water levels, and better villains.

If Nintendo shows Metroid Prime 4 or announces a House of the Dead 2 Remake. They win this month.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

If Nintendo shows Metroid Prime 4 or announces a House of the Dead 2 Remake. They win this month.

https://www.gonintendo.com/contents/36750-the-house-of-the-dead-2-remake-rated-for-switch-in-europe

curl-6 said:
Leynos said:

https://www.gonintendo.com/contents/36750-the-house-of-the-dead-2-remake-rated-for-switch-in-europe

There's been a bunch of announced leaked because of the pedigree page of a voice actor in particular.

The remake for House of the Dead 2 is among them. Meaning they will change the iconic read of this lines sadly 😭

Think I saw also Borderlands, Ace Combat 8, etc ... Among other things

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Borderlands 4 is a no brainer - glad the series is going strong....too bad 2K wont invest on a new Bioshock...

Anyways, I need to catch up to the series.

I finished Borderlands 1 OG (in 2014) and the Enhanced version literally few months ago (10 years apart lol).

I do have the Borderlands games on Switch as well....I think I'll hold off on that since I beat BL1 not even two months ago lol.

CaptainExplosion said:
BasilZero said:

Dream Land - Green Greens, Bubbly Clouds, Grape Garden, Rainbow Resort, Butter Building, The Great Cave Offensive (all areas in one), Orange Ocean, Yogurt Yard.

Can one of them include a mini golf course as a nod to the somewhat forgotten Kirby's Dream Course for Super NES? Complete with golf balls that each have Kirby faces on them? ^^

Sadly, no. When you're doing a theme park, you need to move people through attractions quickly. Mini golf simply takes too long. 

That being said, they do have mini golf courses outside of the parks at both Disney and Universal. They have one right now in Universal that has a campy sci fi theme. Could potentially redo that with a Nintendo theme. That would be awesome.

If they did a Kirby themed area, I think it would make sense as a kids friendly section similar to Seuss landing in in Islands of Adventure. Maybe a kids roller coaster, ride above the park on a warp star, or a dumbo style attraction. Something like a tamer version of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey would be cool. 

JWeinCom said:

Sadly, no. When you're doing a theme park, you need to move people through attractions quickly. Mini golf simply takes too long. 

That being said, they do have mini golf courses outside of the parks at both Disney and Universal. They have one right now in Universal that has a campy sci fi theme. Could potentially redo that with a Nintendo theme. That would be awesome.

If they did a Kirby themed area, I think it would make sense as a kids friendly section similar to Seuss landing in in Islands of Adventure. Maybe a kids roller coaster, ride above the park on a warp star, or a dumbo style attraction. Something like a tamer version of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey would be cool. 

I think he means where they dedicate an area where it shows the characters going through the Dream course , not people actually playing Golf.