By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Looking at the past 2 years, those Directs always came at the end of June. Not expecting it before 2 weeks from now I guess.

Nonetheless, closer than we've ever been to finally know what they have for the last important half-year of the Switch supposedly.
Honestly, thinking about it, my heart tells me we might probably see my boy Kirby in some shape or form there !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Galaxy 2 would be amazing.  I still think thr galaxy series is the best 3d platforming in gaming.  

Still upset that they didnt include Galaxy 2.

I prefer it over Galaxy 1.

BasilZero said:
Chrkeller said:

Galaxy 2 would be amazing.  I still think thr galaxy series is the best 3d platforming in gaming.  

I have a feeling you would be upset still if SMG2 was picked over SMG1.

KLXVER said:
BasilZero said:

To be fair, both should have been in the package.  It was kind of lame not to include all 4 titles.  It can't be that hard to HD coat galaxy 2.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

KLXVER said:

Of course, since the Mario series is in my top 5 favorite franchises and I've played so many of the games.

But I wouldnt be as upset as now though. They should have still added it in.

Super Mario Bros. (NES): 80
Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES): 73
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES): 92
Super Mario World (SNES): 93
Super Mario World (NSO): 94
Super Mario 64 (N64): 90
Super Mario 64 (NS): 90
Super Mario 64 DS (DS): 86
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii): 89
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii): 95
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS): 90
Super Mario 3D World (WiiU): 94
Super Mario Odyssey (NS): 98
Super Mario Bros Wonder (NS): 97
Super Mario Land (GB): 63
Super Mario Land 2 Six Golden Coins (GB): 80
Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC): 82
Super Mario All Stars (SNES): 100
New Super Mario Bros. (DS): 80
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii): 90
New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS): 84
Super Mario Advance (GBA): 76
Super Mario Advance 2 Super Mario World (GBA): 93
Super Mario Advance 3 Yoshi's Island (GBA): 97
Super Mario Advance 4 Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA): 92
Super Princess Peach (DS): 84

Last edited by BasilZero - on 11 June 2024

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Chrkeller said:

I think Galaxy 1 is the better game fotr that purpose, even though I like 2 better.

I feel like Galaxy 2 is more or less a continuation of Galaxy 1. It basically assumes people played the first, and just continues the difficulty curve from there. It's still not a very hard game, but it's at least a moderate challenge for long time Mario fans. Galaxy is a lot easier which makes it a more accessible experience, and probably better for a collection, since it's something everyone can enjoy. 

That being said, for what they were charging, really no reason they couldn't have included both. 

I absolutely love LM and LM3. I never played the 2nd because I'm not a portable gamer. I have LM2 pre-ordered and can't wait. A couple more weeks and I can finally play Dark Moon.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

JWeinCom said:

I think Galaxy 1 is the better game fotr that purpose, even though I like 2 better.

I feel like Galaxy 2 is more or less a continuation of Galaxy 1. It basically assumes people played the first, and just continues the difficulty curve from there. It's still not a very hard game, but it's at least a moderate challenge for long time Mario fans. Galaxy is a lot easier which makes it a more accessible experience, and probably better for a collection, since it's something everyone can enjoy. 

That being said, for what they were charging, really no reason they couldn't have included both. 

I like the levels and the OST more in Galaxy 2 - its been years since I played it , hopefully a remaster comes out or something.

Chrkeller said:

I absolutely love LM and LM3. I never played the 2nd because I'm not a portable gamer. I have LM2 pre-ordered and can't wait. A couple more weeks and I can finally play Dark Moon.

I really didnt expect to love LM as much as I thought I would.

I finished the first game on gamecube back in 2015, played LM2 on 3DS like around 2020 and then played Luigi's Mansion 3 in 2022.

I'll be getting LM2 on Switch later - perhaps when another most wanted game for me comes out on Switch (like Zelda TP/WW assuming it comes) then I'll get it through the voucher program.

Switch's 2025 is shaping up to be shockingly solid for what will be the system's 9th year. So far we got:

• Pokémon Legends Z-A
  • Professor Layton and the New World of Steam
  • Civilization 7
  • Little Nightmares III
  • Life is Strange: Double Exposure

Already looking better than Wii U's 2016 or Wii's 2012 and we're not even halfway through 2024, so there's still likely lots still to be announced.

Someone claims that the Direct is June 17.