By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
mZuzek said:

Runa216 said:

Nintendo really is having a banger year, and we still have Zelda on the horizon.

On the horizon is one way of putting it, I'd say it's more like around the corner. Or maybe closer than that.

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

Pre-ordered The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.

Had $35 gift certs that will expire soon on Best Buy - so damn good.

gtotheunit91 said:

Can't believe the day has finally arrived!!! My weekend has been set!

The best thing about Andy is that he's not Jake.

160rmf said:
mZuzek said:

On the horizon is one way of putting it, I'd say it's more like around the corner. Or maybe closer than that.

Awesome!! XD

Yeah 2023 is starting very strong for Switch, with the latest addition of the Future Redeemed expansion, this is one of the strongest first half lineups the system has had.

So, Paper Mario Oragami King? Pretty good game. It actually has a lot of the things that made Paper Mario great. There's a lot of variety, nice gameplay tweaks in each new area, and a genuinely funny script. The battle system is ok. It's interesting, but not very RPGish in the sense that you don't feel a sense of progress as you go. Boss fights are creative at least.

I feel like people would like this game quite a bit if not for the fact that they would rather it be a traditional Paper Mario game. But, if you could put that aside and judge it based on its own merits, it's solid.

Around the Network

We're in an interesting position where Switch's lineup beyond July is almost entirely unknown, yet the way they're stacking the first half of the year suggests they're not worried about lacking content in the second half.
If we were headed for a big drought, surely they would've saved stuff like Advance Wars, Prime Remastered, and Future Redeemed to pad out August-December.

I started on Super Mario 64 via the Super Mario 3D All Stars on Switch.

Already got 9 stars.

Next game I will play after I finish this will likely be Yoshi's Crafted World.

----

Started on Dragon Quest VIII on 3DS almost 2 weeks ago.

I'm lv 15 on the MC, made it to the town of Simpleton, getting used to the mechanics with the skill points. I'm liking the story/interactions with the characters. Way way different experience from playing Dragon Quest 1 and 2 on NES but I guess that is expected.

----

I'm playing through the Isle of Armor on Pokemon Sword on Switch.

I just got my Kubfu evolved Urshifu (Single strike style) - from the Tower of Darkness.

Just need to do a few more things (and 1 sidequest) and I'll be done with the Isle of Armor and then I'll start on the 2nd DLC.

----

I'm still playing through The Legend of Zelda on NES.

I got 13 hearts and about to start on the 6th dungeon.

----

Still playing through Super Smash Bros Ultimate's World of Light mode - 91 spaces and 8 fighters so far. I'm liking it.

----

I havent touched Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in a while but its still in my current playing list - doing 150cc races. Taking a little break from it.

Used one of my NSO vouchers on Advance Wars because I didn't really feel like spending a full $60 on it. Dunno when I'll be playing it though because I'm also playing through the FF Pixel Remaster games (just finished 1 today). Looks like a fun game though, I've always liked strategy games.

Raven said:

Used one of my NSO vouchers on Advance Wars because I didn't really feel like spending a full $60 on it. Dunno when I'll be playing it though because I'm also playing through the FF Pixel Remaster games (just finished 1 today). Looks like a fun game though, I've always liked strategy games.

Did you get the FF Pixel remasters on Switch?

I bought them on Switch as well - will be playing it when I travel soon.

Advance Wars on GBA was great - I'll get my copy of the Switch version sometime in the future.

BasilZero said:
Raven said:

Did you get the FF Pixel remasters on Switch?

I bought them on Switch as well - will be playing it when I travel soon.

Advance Wars on GBA was great - I'll get my copy of the Switch version sometime in the future.

Yup, I bought the bundle for the Switch. I've heard good things about AW before but haven't played one before. The remake will be my first time trying them out.