By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

Daisy is a fantastic example of a truly independent woman, yes.

She was only kidnapped once, whereas Peach is impossible to keep from being snatched. Saudi Arabia's minority stake could also be why they removed crop tops from female characters in the game.

Those were already not present in the announcement trailer long before Saudi bought shares off the market - Nintendo has zero cents, not a penny, of Saudi money from that purchase, btw.  Daisy also was not present.  If you think a 500 billion dollar sovereign wealth fund charged with managing the wealth of the Saudi government even looked up from their balance sheets when trailers for Mario Strikers came out, you seriously do not understand how any of this works.  The money talking loud is Nintendo's revenue and stock value.  So long as that keeps rolling in and the stock keeps going up, the PIF will have little to say about anything they do.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

I can't fathom why Nintendo cut Daisy from Mario Strikers Battle League. Guess Saudi Arabia's minority stake in Nintendo convinced them to remove one of their most independent female characters.

I TOLD you money talks louder than all else.

You're not funny.

She'll be added in a post launch update most likely.

CaptainExplosion said:
BasilZero said:

Pretty sure that was because NoA' influence, "Progressives" in the west want female characters to look less "sexy".

Which is why Street Fighter VI's designs is proof about that rumor from over a year ago about Capcom's plans about changing up their style as well.

Yes, because nothing says progressive like removing crop tops, or removing Elena from Street Fighter VI. Oh no, we can't have an African dancer in a bikini in our fighting game, hurr!!

Nuvendil said:

Those were already not present in the announcement trailer long before Saudi bought shares off the market - Nintendo has zero cents, not a penny, of Saudi money from that purchase, btw.  Daisy also was not present.  If you think a 500 billion dollar sovereign wealth fund charged with managing the wealth of the Saudi government even looked up from their balance sheets when trailers for Mario Strikers came out, you seriously do not understand how any of this works.  The money talking loud is Nintendo's revenue and stock value.  So long as that keeps rolling in and the stock keeps going up, the PIF will have little to say about anything they do.

And you clearly do not understand how petty and controlling Saudi Arabia is. They don't just want THEIR women to be trapped in burkas and stoned for not obeying men, they want ALL women to live like that, and making such a change to female video game characters is their newest way of expressing such an outdated desire. First they get rid of Daisy, then next they'll be after Samus.

Ok I thought you were joking so let me reiterate.

SAUDI ARABIA HAS ZERO INFLUENCE ON ANYTHING NINTENDO DOES!

They have neither the right to tell Nintendo what to do nor do they care. A 5% stake does not give them any power over Nintendo. None at all.

Mario Strikers Battle League was being developed for many years. Saudi Arabia buying a tiny minority stake a few weeks prior to release doesn't mean shit for the game. If Daisy was going to be there she is going to be there. Just not at launch.

Saudi Arabia has not payed a single cent to Nintendo! They bought the stock from other shareholders. That's how this this works. If they ever had the audacity to think that 5% gave them the right to demand from Nintendo to remove any characters, nobody at Nintendo would give a shit.

The Saudis care about money more than the products of the companies they invest in.

So once again, because saying it previously has fallen on deaf ears:

A 5% stake does not give an investor power over the company.

Btw, in Saudi Arabia women do not wear burkas.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 05 June 2022

I give up.

SegaHeart said:

Does anybody have info if Nintendo is also getting Golden eye ?

Nothing yet, but I'm assuming it'll be announced fairly shortly after Xbox initially announces the game. Pokémon Snap is the final N64 game that we know about coming to the Expansion Pack service, so the next batch of N64 game announcements line up with Nintendo's typical June Direct. I'm thinking that Goldeneye will be the next N64 game to come to the service. Xbox getting the remaster but Nintendo getting the original version of the game.

The stories came out about why that remaster was cancelled for the 360 over 10 years ago say that Nintendo were the ones that weren't on board with the re-release. But, now that Nintendo has a subscription service, they could've changed their tone of voice.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Nothing yet, but I'm assuming it'll be announced fairly shortly after Xbox initially announces the game. Pokémon Snap is the final N64 game that we know about coming to the Expansion Pack service, so the next batch of N64 game announcements line up with Nintendo's typical June Direct. I'm thinking that Goldeneye will be the next N64 game to come to the service. Xbox getting the remaster but Nintendo getting the original version of the game.

The stories came out about why that remaster was cancelled for the 360 over 10 years ago say that Nintendo were the ones that weren't on board with the re-release. But, now that Nintendo has a subscription service, they could've changed their tone of voice.

I'm taking the GoldenEye rumors with a grain of salt.

For me, it's like a mountain of salt at this point like it's not officially announced yet, but, I just went to Xbox's website, and there is literally a public list of Goldeneye achievements for Xbox. And it's been up for several days now. You would think Microsoft would have pulled it down almost as quickly as it went up if it was a joke or something that was accidentally posted for whatever reason. It's been 3 days, and the site is still viewable for all the public to see. So it does seem to be more of a question of when. Especially with the achievements going live so close to the Xbox showcase too.

I'm probably the only one here, but I really really liked the Goldeneye Remake on Wii. One of the only shooters I got into. It makes me sad that I can't play it online anymore. Wish they'd rerelease that on Switch. Probably wouldn't find much of a community, but it would be something.

Mar1217 said:

No direct announcement but here's a beautiful landscape trailer for Xenoblade 3 !

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1534203772326617090

Also the Collector's Edition is set to be available for pre-order tomorrow on My Nintendo

Beautiful. The soundtrack has more of a classic JRPG (kinda PS1 era?) feel to it. I'm really feeling it.

Mar1217 said:

No direct announcement but here's a beautiful landscape trailer for Xenoblade 3 !

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1534203772326617090

Also the Collector's Edition is set to be available for pre-order tomorrow on My Nintendo

Nobody does world design quite like Monolith Soft. I remember one of the first things that drew me to the original Xenoblade was its huge, epic, vibrant environments. The music is predictably fantastic as well.

We are in for a treat next month.

Also, YT upload: