By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
curl-6 said:

As someone who grew up with the likes of Banjo Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Conker, Mario 64, etc, the new Kao the Kangaroo is looking quite appealing.
Yeah, it's highly derivative, but so are many good games.
This particular kind of experience is relatively rare nowadays; seems like it'll be a nice nostalgic romp to save for a rainy day. 

I just finished playing a game called Kaze and the Wild Masks, and it couldn't have been more like SNES Donkey Kong Country if it tried. 

Successfully emulating classics of the past is not a bad idea. They're classics for a reason. The key is to do it successfully, though. Stuff like Shovel Knight and Kaze and The Messenger do it VERY well, whereas Yooka-Laylee did not. (The first one, anyway; second one was amazing). I hope Kao is the former rather than the latter. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Uhh...what?

That is quite something. Who would be willing to go outside wearing that?

How was Pinball not there from day one?

Props to Nintendo for fixing this issue quickly

CaptainExplosion said:
SegaHeart said:

Still no Mario RPG? Nintendo really doesn't listen to us. -_-

Mario RPG will probably be the last game Nintendo adds to the Super Nintendo service at this rate.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

It seems like any console/PC Sonic game that gets ported over to a pre-switch era Nintendo portable is just terrible.

Started on Sonic Lost World and my experience on the 3DS is abysmal compared to the PC version I played few years ago lol

The controls on the 3DS and the screen doesnt help...

Is there a reason you're intent on playing old Sonic games that were not reviewed well to begin with and probably haven't aged well? I mean, live your life, but pretty sure there are much better games you could be playing in your free time.

BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:

Is there a reason you're intent on playing old Sonic games that were not reviewed well to begin with and probably haven't aged well? I mean, live your life, but pretty sure there are much better games you could be playing in your free time.

I'm going through my 3DS backlog and after spending 90 hours on one SMT game, another 40 hours on another SMT game and yet another 150+ hours on another RPG game on 3DS - decided to play something shorter and another genre lol.

(I'm also playing these games during my 1 hour lunch break at work Mon-Fri - so not at home where I have access to my other platforms lol).

Anyways, I cant believe how different the 3DS ports of Generations and Lost World are. Its like playing a completely new game lol. I enjoyed Generations and Lost World on PC.

Once I'm done with the Sonic Games - got Shattered Crystal and Fire & Ice next - I'll play another SMT game - next one will be SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked.

Edit: Bought the Sonic games for like $5 each when they went on sale lol

And anyways I am playing other games during my free time at home.

Still don't quite get it, but do you.

BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:

Still don't quite get it, but do you.

I dont see how its confusing for someone to clear their backlog....besides I like Sonic games (even bad ones like 3D blast lmao).

Edit: When I make commitments, I stick to them - even if its something I dont like to do (i.e. I dont like paying bills but gotta do it still - went with this example because I'm about to make some payments lol).

I'm not going to debate you about it, but if I have a game in my backlog, but I don't think I'll enjoy it, I'll just not play it, or if I do play it, I'll set it aside once I realize I don't like it. The money is gone one way or another, so I don't see the point in forcing myself to play it. If I ordered a pizza and it tasted like shit, I'd just stop eating it. 

So apparently Soul Hackers 2 was announced some time ago, and there wasn't a Switch version. Is there a reason for it? Did SMT V do poorly?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

So apparently Soul Hackers 2 was announced some time ago, and there wasn't a Switch version. Is there a reason for it? Did SMT V do poorly?

SMTV sold a million in a few months and is the highest selling SMT game ever already.

It's just third parties being dumb.