By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
curl-6 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

So apparently Soul Hackers 2 was announced some time ago, and there wasn't a Switch version. Is there a reason for it? Did SMT V do poorly?

SMTV sold a million in a few months and is the highest selling SMT game ever already.

It's just third parties being dumb.

So does anyone know why is Atlus giving the Switch the cold shoulder nowadays? They were one of the best supporters of the 3DS, and now they do so little.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
curl-6 said:

SMTV sold a million in a few months and is the highest selling SMT game ever already.

So does anyone know why is Atlus giving the Switch the cold shoulder nowadays? They were one of the best supporters of the 3DS, and now they do so little.

Atlus makes no sense on their games releases. They've gone from Persona 4 releasing only on the PS2 when the PS3 was already on the market for over 2 years with the only port after that was to the Vita of all places, then almost 10 years later, to PC. Then supporting the 3DS consistently, to making Persona 5 exclusively on PlayStation, to making the Persona 5 spin-off, Strikers, on everything but Xbox. Then going to Shin Megami Tensei V exclusively on Switch, to Soul Hackers 2 on everything but the Switch.

Then to make things even more confusing when it comes to the continuity of releases, Persona and Soul Hackers are sub-series to the main series, Shin Megami Tensei.

The business deals they make, make no sense. And since Atlus is a publisher, they themselves make these deals and Sega just funds them. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 01 June 2022

Darwinianevolution said:
curl-6 said:

Atlus' platform choices never make any sense. Better to not even try to understand it, because it's just random without cohesion.

CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

Atlus' platform choices never make any sense. Better to not even try to understand it, because it's just random without cohesion.

And that's why Joker shouldn't have been in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Persona 5 itself NEVER EVEN CAME TO SWITCH. They could've given us Dr. Robotnik as the second Sega rep, but instead we got some anime pretty boy only 10% of the playerbase even care about.

Speak for yourself.

Probably not the right place to ask this, but someone will likely know.

I'm playing Chrono Trigger and, **********spoilers ahead*************

up to the part where you can choose to fight or spare Magus. If you choose to fight Magus with Frog can you beat him but not kill him? If you do that can he join your party, and does Frog become human in the ending? Is there a way to recruit Magus and have Frog live? Cause, I'd like to do both, but if I have to choose one, I think I gotta help Froggy.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:

Probably not the right place to ask this, but someone will likely know.

I'm playing Chrono Trigger and, **********spoilers ahead*************

Spoiler!
up to the part where you can choose to fight or spare Magus. If you choose to fight Magus with Frog can you beat him but not kill him? If you do that can he join your party, and does Frog become human in the ending? Is there a way to recruit Magus and have Frog live? Cause, I'd like to do both, but if I have to choose one, I think I gotta help Froggy.

You can spoiler tag on here btw

Spoiler!

If you fight him, you kill him - he wont join your party and you wont see him in the ending but Frog does become human*

You can choose not to fight him (by forgiving him) - he'll join the party (best magic user) and also has Schala's necklace item (which can be received even if you fought him) which prevents status effects from happening.

*Honestly, I would recruit him - the ending isnt that.....good with him being human - he flashes white then the screen changes to the next part of the ending, you dont even see him human form at all (in game wise).

The PS1 version from what I remember shows him in human form in the animated cutscene for the ending but you dont see his face at all - but seeing from behind, he looks like a Dragon ball GT Vegeta.

Its not that all special - might as well recruit him and just watch the alternate ending on youtube.

Edit: Or you can do what I did and play the game multiple times (and get all 10+ endings lol).

I could spoiler tag, but I was lazy and I figured that was fine for a 30 year oldish game. 

I could just watch the ending, but there's a difference to me between watching it and earning it. I played through the game and got the regular ending and the meet the dev team ending you get from fighting the boss at the earliest point with Chrono and Marle. I'm liking it more this time, but not enough to play through again I think. Mainly doing it to prepare to finally beat Chrono Cross. 

I finished playing Super Mario 3D World and I've been playing Bowser's Fury and I actually enjoy more the latter, it's a great adaptation of the 3D Mario gameplay to an open world format (Odyssey, Sunshine and 64 are still divided in separate levels), the best thing about it is that the level design does not feel dumbed down and Mario keeps his essence. Sonic team wish they could do that. 3D World was good but felt kind of...uninspired, like they were trying to make 3D Mario as much as 2D Mario as they could; still, like I said, it's a pretty good game even if it didn't blow me away in the same way the Galaxy games and Odyssey did (but, to be fair, those game set a pretty high bar).

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 02 June 2022

Wreckfest on Switch is shaping up to be a mighty fine port

CaptainExplosion said:
BasilZero said:

Nah, SMTV has no bearing upon this.

Darwinianevolution said:

$$$$$

The 3DS games were cheaper to make probably - that or they didnt get the same incentives that they had received for the 3DS.

Persona 5 Strikers is on Switch though which is a game he's technically in lol.

Same reason why Cloud is in the game too cause of FFVII port, Ryu due to Ultra Street Fighter II, etc

Snake being the only oddball with no Metal gear game on the Switch at all.

But Snake has had appearances on Nintendo systems years before Cloud and Joker did, and Ryu has been frequent on Nintendo systems since the Super NES ports of Street Fighter games. Cloud, last I checked, had no appearances on a Nintendo system before Smash 4, and Persona 5 Strikers didn't come out on Switch until after he was shoehorned into Smash Bros.

I remember Cloud being in Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: a rhythm game based on Final Fantasy music on the 3ds. Also, I think he was in one or two of the handheld Kingdom Hearts games. I guess Nintendo counted those as 'good enough'.

All the Lechonk memes already nnnnnnn

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 04 June 2022