By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Wyrdness said:
Q2 Results tomorrow.

anyone wanna bet Animal Crossing has passed Mario Kart as the best selling game on the system? 

what a beast of a game. not for me, but I love watching it do such great numbers. My roommate loves it, too! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Wyrdness said:
Q2 Results tomorrow.

anyone wanna bet Animal Crossing has passed Mario Kart as the best selling game on the system? 

what a beast of a game. not for me, but I love watching it do such great numbers. My roommate loves it, too! 

I am very interested too. We might see some fancy and unexpected numbers tomorrow.

Some more new gameplay of Monster Hunter Rise

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 November 2020

Nintendo reiterates that Switch is "just now entering the middle of its lifecycle" https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-talks-about-switch-being-in-the-middle-of-its-life-cycle-and-impact-of-animal-crossing/

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:
Nintendo reiterates that Switch is "just now entering the middle of its lifecycle" https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-talks-about-switch-being-in-the-middle-of-its-life-cycle-and-impact-of-animal-crossing/

Rip for JRPGFan and other guys who thought the Switch would be replaced in 2022 

Not singling anyone out but I've always been convinced that a big part of the insistence by many that Switch would be replaced in 2021/2022 was wishful thinking because they didn't want it staying around long enough to have a chance of outselling systems from their preferred brand.

Around the Network

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/11/nintendo_switch_achieves_its_best_october_sales_to_date_in_the_us

My little brother downloaded The Touryst a while back and since I've still got 6 days to kill before Age of Calamity, I might give it a go and see if my initial misgivings were unfounded.

Got Pikmin 3 and Xenoblade Re-master/make. I also have Xenoblade 2 that I've played only for about 15 minutes and will play once I finish Xeno Re. Probably will buy Sakuna of rice and ruin, Hades and Immortal Fenyx early next month, hope they keep me entertained for the upcoming months

Does anyone here recommend Tales of Vesperia?

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 13 November 2020

Since we're sharing stuff we've gotten, here is my haul I got yesterday

IcaroRibeiro said:

Got Pikmin 3 and Xenoblade Re-master/make. I also have Xenoblade 2 that I've played only for about 15 minutes and will play once I finish Xeno Re. Probably will buy Sakuna of rice and ruin, Hades and Immortal Fenyx early next month, hope they keep me entertained for the upcoming months

Yea it's actually kind of crazy how packed the Switch's last few months have been for me. I bought the 3D Mario Collection, Hades, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, No More Heroes 1 and 2, and earlier releases like Catherine: Full Body and Trials of Mana Remake. Admittedly most of those are ports but still, pretty great time for someone who hasn't played those games. I want to get Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin too! Looks very great. 

Mar1217 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I'm in search to be convinced as well. 

Never played any Tales of before  but this one is always doing me the eye when I go on the Eshop lol. I've also heard tons of positive reviews about it.

Personally, I'm not the biggest JRPG guy, but I loved Tales of Vesperia. In fact it became one of my favorite games period. I fucking love the art style, it kind of has a Wind Waker vibe but with a combination of more adult-oriented anime and chibi that is really appealing. It's also one of those games that uses it's limitations very well. The soundtrack is pretty good too, one of those weird instances where ambient music is very great if not super memorable, but every time you rehear a tune you're like "oh yea, this song is great!". The story isn't amazing though aside from a few moments and a large amount of the cast members have kind of unsatisfying or inconclusive character arcs, which sucks. But ultimately if you're like me and you really care about character banter, skits, and great skill-based combo gameplay, it's one of the best games on the system I think! 

Seemed MH Rise was planned to be released earlier than but the pandemic forced it to be delayed to March.

https://nintendoeverything.com/monster-hunter-rise-development-release-impacted-by-pandemic/