By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Prototype Demo

Prologue Demo

Even the music was buffed.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

Well that was one really awful Direct, the worst I can clearly remember in ages.

Not one remotely interesting or exciting thing in the entire 40 minutes, just games were already new plenty about, dusty old ports, and boring filler. :(

I don't think it was awful but I was honestly really surprised that we didn't get any actual new game announcement? I guess maybe Kirby and Xenoblade count but they're basically filler releases. Was really expecting a Paper Mario or Monolith's new IP, oh well, they'll probably reveal them at the next direct. 

Also really not looking forward to the overhyping of Monolith's abilities... the character models have seen a great improvement (because they're partially based on Xenoblade 2's versions that already exist) but the environments still look very rough yet people are falling head over heels for it. They've definitely been cleaned up and maybe have better grass but damn they look very HD Wii-ish. If it releases in April or later they'll  still have 7 months to make it look a bit nicer but honestly it feels kind of jarring to see those character models on those vistas, the art style ain't even the same really. 

Would be funny if this somehow got blamed on BOTW's development again just like when Xenoblade 2 released and had awful performance. 

It was weird, it was almost like they felt they had to have a September Direct, but weren't prepared to show anything actually new yet.

Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon they've already shown too much of IMO, and as far as new announcement go, stuff like a Wii remaster and 5-6 year old Assassin's Creed games from last gen are hardly exciting reveals.

It just felt like a giant non-event to me. Usually with a mostly bad Direct I try focus on the positive and be like "oh well, at least this one reveal was cool" but I can't think of any redeeming points at all for this one, it was just a huge pointless bore.

And yeah while Xenoblade 1 is a great game, I can't say I'm impressed with its makeover. Looks worse than Xenoblade X and that was a Wii U game. Plus it's just hard for me to summon any enthusiasm for a re-release of a game I've owned since 2011 and beaten 3 times.

Mar1217 said:

Yeah, same framework with more stuff, quests and a buffer for the multiplayer content with Team quests and online play !

But honestly, I'm playing it for those sweet music remixes were obviously getting :3

Also, I got a total shocker from listening the credits theme :O

First time a Kirby game had vocal lyrics ! (Man, Nintendo is on a roll with vocal tracks now xD)

I was surprised by that as well, and for a free to play spin-off of all things! It's funny, it's no big deal when other games do it, but when Nintendo games do it's something noteworthy.

Are you playing 100% free? If so, had any issue progressing? It seems my assumptions were mistaken, I have nearly 800 apples currently at Level 40. Thus it seems you can get away with spending apples on more than just the bare essentials. I'ma still keep up my minimalist approach atleast until I unlock the best gear.

Mar1217 said:

Woah, calm down mister Speedy Gonzalez ! The game has been out for 3 days and you're already at level 40 + 800 apples without paying ? Like, do you spend your Apple Gems only on equipment ? What about the codex ? some of them are kinda expensive to upgrade ...

Honestly, I bought 200 apples right at the beginning (2 bucks,basically) to not get annoyed once I'd get to the point where obtaining Apples would get difficult to upgrade my arsenal, basically around Level 20 and up.

I'm Level 15 btw. I really liked the first fight with Nightmare too ! I think they did a nice transition for his inauguration into the modern Kirby era ^^.

The benefits of having no life! I met a guy who was Lv.91 so I don't feel too bad about it. xD

Yeah I was saving to make sure I can unlock all quest and fully upgrade the highest level gear for both Doctor n Mage. I only leveled Vigor, Adventure gift, Doctor n Mage Codex's once each. I'd recommend you not upgrade them further, Vigor recharges when you level up, you'll get more fragments than you can use, and I've not noticed much of a difference in level growths, at the very least it doesn't seem necessary.

Unfortunately, it turns out my initial assumption was actually correct. After clearing all story quest, the party quest from then on require 50+ apples each to unlock. Of course I learn this after already buying Starlight DX gear for both Doctor n Mage, now I may not be able to upgrade either to SDX for a long while. Had I known I woulda just fully maxed one role first that way it'll be easier to get the apples for the other. Ahwells, challenge accepted!

Nightmare fight's music is also so good! A shame there's no sound test.

Around the Network

Just downloaded Fire Emblem, Grandia HD, Astral Chain and the new ssb character. I'm sorted for a while. Not sure what to play first

Mar1217 said:

Well, I've discovered that the leveling isn't bad at all if you go for tougher quest. You level pretty easily, but honestly, I'm going with the flow so I do upgrade when I deem necessary to do so.

Yeah, about the lack of sound test ... Youtube is quite the good ally in this department. I've got to listen to Return To Dreamland - Boss Battle remix in full and oh boy ! This is quite the upgrade :O

True Youtube is more convenient anyway, and though Nintendo has suddenly started going after music channels, they can't kill them all!

Bold words: Nintendo say their goal with BOTW's sequel is to "deliver new gameplay experiences that exceed the previous game."

https://gonintendo.com/stories/344258-nintendo-wants-to-deliver-new-gameplay-experiences-and-exceed-zel

Also, Smash Ultimate was 60GB at one point, before being compressed to 14GB for the final release:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/344236-smash-bros-ultimate-weighed-in-at-60gb-during-the-early-stages-o

curl-6 said:

Bold words: Nintendo say their goal with BOTW's sequel is to "deliver new gameplay experiences that exceed the previous game."

https://gonintendo.com/stories/344258-nintendo-wants-to-deliver-new-gameplay-experiences-and-exceed-zel

Also, Smash Ultimate was 60GB at one point, before being compressed to 14GB for the final release:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/344236-smash-bros-ultimate-weighed-in-at-60gb-during-the-early-stages-o

Well, despite Ocarina of Time having the bigger impact and legacy, I consider Majora's Mask to be the better game of the two. So, they've done it before, they can do it again.

And JESUS, they got some technical wizards over there at Nintendo.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Here's hoping I can at least find the same fun I had experimenting with the Sheikah runes with whatever core mechanic will be coming next !

And HOLY MOLY, Nintendo devs are freaking impressive in this department :O

Agreed; whatever that ghost hand thing from the trailer does, I hope it has as much versatility as the runes.

And yeah, I wish all devs were as diligent as Nintendo when it comes to file size, maybe then we wouldn't be suffering this current plague of ridiculous mandatory installs.