By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
curl-6 said:
RolStoppable said: 

Breath of the Wild question: Is it really not possible to have 30 hearts and full stamina in this game, even with the DLC?

Nah apparently the most you can get is two hearts away from two full rows, with max stamina.

I dunno where you guys find all these shrines though, I'm at like 90 hours and I have 19 hearts and less than two full wheels of stamina!

Baddman said:
Looking to get myself a new switch game what do you guys recommend? I have Zelda,Mario,Mario n rabbids, mk8,splatoon2, xbc 2.

Fast RMX

What? Why is that? I thought the DLC added 12 new shrines. New Shrines = New Orbs. 12 new orbs means 3 new hearts.

Before you could get 3 hearts away from two full rows with Max Stamins. Do only 4 of the 12 new shrines give orbs?

Around the Network
irstupid said:
curl-6 said:

Nah apparently the most you can get is two hearts away from two full rows, with max stamina.

I dunno where you guys find all these shrines though, I'm at like 90 hours and I have 19 hearts and less than two full wheels of stamina!

Fast RMX

What? Why is that? I thought the DLC added 12 new shrines. New Shrines = New Orbs. 12 new orbs means 3 new hearts.

Before you could get 3 hearts away from two full rows with Max Stamins. Do only 4 of the 12 new shrines give orbs?

There's 16 new shrines in total but only the 4 new ones on the Plateau give you spirit orbs, the other 12 give you emblems that you need to complete each part of the Champion's Ballad.

curl-6 said:
irstupid said:

There's 16 new shrines in total but only the 4 new ones on the Plateau give you spirit orbs, the other 12 give you emblems that you need to complete each part of the Champion's Ballad.

That's dumb. The OCD in me finds that very annoying.

I was thinking the DLC making the master sword awesome and giving me full 30 hearts and 3 wheels was awesome. But nope, 28 hearts. 

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is really really good, granted I came into it with low expectations (wasn't even sure if I was going to get at least this year) but I'm very glad I did. I never played the first one but I'm enjoying this one much more than X so far. I feel like it's a lot more story focused and a bit more linear which is helping me to stay engaged with it more. I really recommend it to anyone who's on the fence about it, because you're missing out. Monolithsoft really keep their streak of pushing out one masterpiece after another.

Well, long after beating both Ganon and the Champion's Ballad DLC, I have finally killed my first (and second) Lynel. (Funny thing is, I also beat the game without ever encountering a Molduga or a bear; only ran into those two in the past month)

Second Lynel I killed dropped a flame blade that set the guts and horns he also dropped on fire, and I panicked and rushed to grab my precious loot before it went up in smoke. XD

Currently working on completing the armour sets I missed; finished the Hylian and Soldier sets over the last few days, now working on getting the Barbarian set.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Baddman said:
Looking to get myself a new switch game what do you guys recommend? I have Zelda,Mario,Mario n rabbids, mk8,splatoon2, xbc 2.

Fire Emblem Warriors.

Breath of the Wild question: Is it really not possible to have 30 hearts and full stamina in this game, even with the DLC?

Was interested But I don't recognize anyone in the trailers I saw so I skipped it

curl-6 said:
Baddman said:

Fast RMX

.. Thanks for the suggestion but  the gameplay looks frustrating honestly . I got Stardew Valley

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Well, long after beating both Ganon and the Champion's Ballad DLC, I have finally killed my first (and second) Lynel. (Funny thing is, I also beat the game without ever encountering a Molduga or a bear; only ran into those two in the past month)

Second Lynel I killed dropped a flame blade that set the guts and horns he also dropped on fire, and I panicked and rushed to grab my precious loot before it went up in smoke. XD

Currently working on completing the armour sets I missed; finished the Hylian and Soldier sets over the last few days, now working on getting the Barbarian set.

Amazing how different the pace of progression can be for different people.

It might be too late, but word of advice anyway: don't upgrade your gear, or at least not any further than 2 stars. Fully upgraded gear is way too overpowered, it takes all of the fun of the game away when even bosses barely deal a single heart of damage per hit.

It's not like that changes anything. Unless the damage is great enough to kill you in one hit, then whether they deal 1 heart or 10 hearts of damage is irrelevant when you can always fully heal yourself immediately after taking a hit. However I still agree with not going out of your way to upgrade gear as unless you're a completionist then there's really no point. I made the mistake of going through the grind to level the classic hero gear (forgot name, reward for finding all shrines) to maximum, only to realize what a waste of time it was afterwards.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Amazing how different the pace of progression can be for different people.

It might be too late, but word of advice anyway: don't upgrade your gear, or at least not any further than 2 stars. Fully upgraded gear is way too overpowered, it takes all of the fun of the game away when even bosses barely deal a single heart of damage per hit.

First Lynel I met a few hours in put the fear of god into me so bad I avoided them like the plague til now. XD

And t hanks, but I'm a shit player so I need all the help I can get haha. Can't do 4 stars cos the 4th fairy is so expensive and I can't be arsed grinding rupees for it, so I'm just taking all my armour to 3 stars. 

Question: do Lynels respawn with the blood moon?

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

First Lynel I met a few hours in put the fear of god into me so bad I avoided them like the plague til now. XD

And t hanks, but I'm a shit player so I need all the help I can get haha. Can't do 4 stars cos the 4th fairy is so expensive and I can't be arsed grinding rupees for it, so I'm just taking all my armour to 3 stars. 

Question: do Lynels respawn with the blood moon?

Yes, pretty much everything does. Anyway, I'd still tell you to not get stuff even up to 3 stars (well at this point it's a lost cause). 2 stars is already OP enough (though not so much as to make the game boring), and it's all you need for the occasionally cool set bonuses.

I actually have more fun when I'm not getting half my health bar knocked off in a single hit. :P Having 3 stars worth of defense makes the tougher fights less frustrating for me.

Switch outsells Wii U's lifetime sales in Japan

https://gonintendo.com/stories/298792-switch-outsells-wii-u-s-total-install-base-in-japan