By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
mZuzek said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Ah well, I bet you wont find anyone who prefers 2014 over 2017, aside from diehard Smash fans of course. :L 

Smash 4 changed my life. I made loads of friends with it, and got a social life of sorts. I traveled to play it in different towns, met dozens or even hundreds of people from different places, and even got a little bit of money from tournaments here and there. And still, even with Tropical Freeze being another favorite of mine, it just doesn't compare to 2017. BotW alone is already nearly impossible to top for me, never mind BotW+MSR+Odyssey+Splatoon 2.

Damn, that's how I felt about Halo Reach. Was really what got me into the internet and helped me make friends when i had none after I moved.

I don't know ... Mario Kart 8 + Smash Bros + Tropical Freeze is so awesome it might win out for me. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I don't really have a bias either way. I never finished TF 

Why not?

Lol, I just never got around to it! Same with Wind Waker HD, except on that one I was literally like an hour away from finishing the game.

I never got too far on DKCTF. Like a few hours in. 

That being said, it would honestly probably be one of my favorite games. Just waiting for a Switch VC/Eshop port

mZuzek said:

Lol, I just never got around to it! Same with Wind Waker HD, except on that one I was literally like an hour away from finishing the game.

You know, I really just don't understand you. (That's official now.)

Well I wasn't going to keep my Wii U plugged in forever ... 

I was too lazy to do the triforce quest

mZuzek said:

Well I wasn't going to keep my Wii U plugged in forever ... 

I was too lazy to do the triforce quest

Still official.

You're missing out on one of the great endings to a Zelda game.

Oh there's no denying I fucked up. That's official.

Just gotta wait for the opportunity to get the game. 

cycycychris said:
Fire Emblem Warriors looks such like a mediocre game to me that I just can't find a reason to get excited for it.

Did you say the same thing with Hyrule Warriors? Imo this is just a fan service. Very hard to like it if you dont like FE or the Dynasty Warrios gamestyle. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Marth said:
RolStoppable said:

It's more a case of knowing what you are doing. I found that Primrose's story had incredibly weak enemies. They went down like flies and made Primrose's level go up fast.

I agree.

The start with the swordsman was way slower than Primrose. She feels stronger and her special ability is insane. Recruiting a strong party member makes her story way to easy.

Also i liked the battle system. Attacking a guardbroken enemy with your 4x special attack felt pretty satisfying to me. Although i have concerns that the fighting will feel more tedious as the game goes on.

That recruting feature was nice, thought you had to recruit the cave guard for the runes sidequest, but you had to bash the guard while bringing the investigator along.

Also her story felt focused and shorter wrt to the swordsman, didn't feel like exploring the desert as much as the mountain routes.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

So i've been wondering, do you guys think Nintendo beat 2014 this year in terms of games?

In 2014 we had Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, and Smash Bros 4

And this year we've had Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Mario + Rabbids, Super Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade 2

Yes.

On metacritic:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - 83%

Mario Kart 8 - 88%

Bayonetta 2 - 91%

Super Smash Bros. - 92%

vs

Breath of the Wild - 97%

Splatoon 2 - 83%

Mario + Rabbids - 85%

Super Mario Odyssey +/- 95%

Xenoblade 2 +/- 85%

and Mario Kart 8 DX (92%)

Pok87 said:

So i've been wondering, do you guys think Nintendo beat 2014 this year in terms of games?

In 2014 we had Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, and Smash Bros 4

And this year we've had Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Mario + Rabbids, Super Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade 2

Yes.

On metacritic:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - 83%

Mario Kart 8 - 88%

Bayonetta 2 - 91%

Super Smash Bros. - 92%

vs

Breath of the Wild - 97%

Splatoon 2 - 83%

Mario + Rabbids - 85%

Super Mario Odyssey +/- 95%

Xenoblade 2 +/- 85%

and Mario Kart 8 DX (92%)

Im sorry I enjoyed M+R but fuck me it isnt even close to Splatoon.

Reviewers seem to sleep on Splatoon the same way they did on MonHun for years and years

I know. But this is the most objective determinant.

For me Mario + Rabbids > Splatoon 2 (but both games are great).

You missed Pokken Tournament DX and ARMS. Not rated as highly, but still well received. The sheer numbers are a big part of the win here. Toss in Captain Toad and Hyrule Warriors for 2014 and Arms, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Pokken for 2017 and I think the obviousness of the win on all fronts is clear.