By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Many of the previous Switch firmware updates only mentioned "Improved stability" on the patch notes.

But what do they mean in this case?

There wasn't any mention of stability improvements with this firmware update. It was just a joke lol

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
gtotheunit91 said:

There wasn't any mention of stability improvements with this firmware update. It was just a joke lol

I know, but what did they mean when they said stability in updates?

It could mean a variety of things whether that be fixing a bug that caused the console to crash, or improvements to the UI to make it snappier, or updates to make battery life consistent when playing in handheld mode.

It's very vague and could mean a hundred different things. 

Spoiler!

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/kirby-and-the-forgotten-land?ref=hp

Wyrdness said:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/kirby-and-the-forgotten-land?ref=hp

Well done for Kirby.  Looks like it will be the best rated game in the series since Epic Yarn.  And thanks to the Switch effect, will most likely will be the best-selling Kirby game ever.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network

Wreckfest releases on Switch 21st of June

Just got home with my copy of Kirby and the Forgotten Land.

Popped in my Switch; how refreshing for a game to just immediately boot up without having to wait on a day one patch!

Played through the first level; it handles beautifully, looks lovely, is overflowing with charm, and has almost cartridge-fast load times. First impressions incredibly positive!

Triangle Strategy Tier List

S- Frederica, Geela, 

Spoiler!
Maxwell

Erador, Hughette

A+ Tier- Archibald,  Julio

A Tier- Serenoa

Spoiler!
Avlora

Roland, Decimal, Narve, Medina

B+ Tier- Anna, Benedict, Jens, Correntin

B Tier- Milo, Groma, Ezana, Rudolf

C Tier- Trish, Piccoletta, Hossabara,  Flanagan,

Giovanna Tier- Giovanna

Game Breaking Tier- Quahuag

Only Useful in Mental Mock Battles Tier- Lionel

I think that's all of them, or at least the ones available in the paths I've done. Could give details, but dunno if enough people would care for it to be worth it. 

And as a tip for people

Spoiler!
If you plan on getting the "true" ending, then you will have to use everyone in your party for the last mission. You probably won't need everyone maxed out for it, but you should try to spread the wealth with upgrades and such. 
Last edited by JWeinCom - on 25 March 2022

JWeinCom said:

S- Frederica, Geela, 

Spoiler!
Maxwell

Erador, Hughette

A Tier- Serenoa

Spoiler!
Avlora

Giovanna Tier- Giovanna

I think that's all of them, or at least the ones available in the paths I've done. Could give details, but dunno if enough people would care for it to be worth it.

I'm not that far along but I'm curious about Erador. Thus far he's been one of the characters I've put on the sidelines since he doesn't hit that hard and taunting enemies seems not all that useful, what made you put him in S tier?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
JWeinCom said:

S- Frederica, Geela, 

Spoiler!
Maxwell

Erador, Hughette

A Tier- Serenoa

Spoiler!
Avlora

Giovanna Tier- Giovanna

I'm not that far along but I'm curious about Erador. Thus far he's been one of the characters I've put on the sidelines since he doesn't hit that hard and taunting enemies seems not all that useful, what made you put him in S tier?

S tier for me is basically units you'll want to use in every mission. You'll pretty much always want a tank character, and Erador is far better than the other potential tanks, Flanagan and Groma, so you'll basiaclly always want to use him.

I think taunting enemies is actually pretty useful, and it gets more useful in the game. As you go along, you'll get an ability that allows him to counter attack. So, any enemy that attacks him gets chipped a bit. His weapon skill is King's Guard which has the same range as provoke, but I believe a 100% success rate against anything not immune to fury. Plus, it makes him invinvible until the end of his next turn. Keeping the enemy occupied is great so you can get frail units into the fray without risk, but when you combine it with some other skills you'll get later in the game (Hughette or Frederica's weapons skills for example) you'll wind up doing a nice chunk of damage and likely kill a few of the enemies in the group. With Quahog or Lightwave you could also warp him into a group of enemies you want to neutralize for a turn. His other abilities raises his defense when he's low on HP, give him immunity to back attacks, and lets him push enemies back, which is useful when you're near a cliff.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 25 March 2022