By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NBA offseason is wild

My Bulls are surprising me this off-season compared to what I thought they'd do which would be to essentially "stay the course" but that doesn't mean they're making the right moves.. Getting rid of Butler... I don't like the move as he is still relatively young and the most exciting Bulls player on the roster. I suppose I get it if you're trying to rebuild but these three guys they've seemed to have established as the new young "core" of the rebuild are questionable at best. And GarPax are no Theo (Chicago Cubs) so I really don't think they have it in them to implement a successful rebuild from scratch, but I guess we'll see..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network

Annnd the Warriors got Nick Young and Omri Casspi for their BENCH. Their bench now consists of:

Iguodala
David West
Casspi
Young
McGee

I thought this team would simply keep their core, and they somehow managed to create an even better bench. This team can probably win 70 games with half-assed effort

monocle_layton said:
Annnd the Warriors got Nick Young and Omri Casspi for their BENCH. Their bench now consists of:

Iguodala
David West
Casspi
Young
McGee

I thought this team would simply keep their core, and they somehow managed to create an even better bench. This team can probably win 70 games with half-assed effort

Dont Forget the young guys: McCaw, Jones, and rookie Bell. This team somehow got better without even trying.

TH3-D0S3R said:
monocle_layton said:

Iguodala
David West
Casspi
Young
McGee

Dont Forget the young guys: McCaw, Jones, and rookie Bell. This team somehow got better without even trying.

It'd be funny if Durant took a lower check for Hayward to join on a minimum. Imagine the outrage:

"Hayward joins Warriors on veteran minimum"

Thankfully, a stacked west will make some interesting series. Let's hope there aren't many injuries again

Honestly, if the Warriors wanted to, they could break the single season wins record AGAIN.

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:

Iguodala
David West
Casspi
Young
McGee

I'm happy they signed Casspi. Don't really care for Young. I would've rather had them sign Crawford. 

smroadkill15 said:
monocle_layton said:

Iguodala
David West
Casspi
Young
McGee

I'm happy they signed Casspi. Don't really care for Young. I would've rather had them sign Crawford. 

Young offers better defense and shoots >43% on catch and shoot threes. He was one of three players to do so (along with Klay/Steph obviously).

He's a great addition.

So far this is what this team looks like

Thompson/Young/Clark
Curry/Livingston
Durant/Iguodala/Mcadoo
Green/Casspi/West/Bell/Looney
McGee/Zaza/Jones

Chances are they'll cut Bell or something. Even with that, they have a very deep team. They somehow managed to create what may be the best team and best bench ever

I thought I read somewhere that Ian Clark was headed to Chicago. And seeing as how they spent money, (something they have little of now) to get Bell at the 38th pick, I doubt they'd just let him go. If they're going to make cuts, I think it would be Looney and/or McAdoo.
And JaVale hasn't resigned just yet, he's still scheduled to meet with the Clippers. Would be a shame if the Warriors let him walk, I think he's the best center they've had in a while, better than Zaza, Bogut, or Ezeli.

Now the rumor mill is swirling that Marc Gasol could be on the move.
To either the Spurs or the Celtics to be exact.