By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NBA offseason is wild

https://theplayerstribune.com/gordon-hayward-decision-free-agency-nba/

Straight from the man himself.

It's official.

Around the Network

So now the Celtics have 4 Small Forwards. I myself am going to theorize a trade scenario that I think the Celtics should do ASAP.

Nuggets Receive: SF Jae Crowder, SF Jaylen Brown, 2018 2nd Round Pick
Celtics Receive: PF Kenneth Faried, SG Will Barton.

Kenneth Faried to the Celtics would be a HUGE upgrade for them. 
The guy plays with nothing but heart and aggression. Think Draymond Green, but without the loud, obnoxious, and shitty demeanor.

So the east will now be terrible, but a bit better now.

While the Celtics definitely got much better, the East is still the Cavs' to lose. For one, the Cavs' PG/SF duo is just better, and the Celtics have no true PF that can match up with Kevin Love, who gave them all kinds of shit in the ECF.

But hey, if anything, this at least gives the Celtics a puncher's chance.

Around the Network

I really wanted Hayward to sign with the Heat, even though I knew it wasn't gonna happen.

Realistically I was looking for PF's who could fit the Celtics more smaller size and athletic nature, and I came to the conclusion of Faried being the most reasonable to get (ESPECIALLY after the Millsap signing). But, knowing Ainge, the Nuggets will want too much for him, only for Faried to be soon traded to the Thunder for Enes Kanter and Kyle Singler.

Also I forgot to mention this but what the hell is Doc doing with the Clippers? Going for Gallinari in a sign and trade? I thought they were tanking last week but apparently not. That would have been a GREAT addition when CP3 was there, they might have even lost in the Western Conference Finals.

The Celtics have a lot of SF's. Should they trade someone for a decent PF?

Rudy Gobert was a better fit than Gordon Hayward. Why not get a rebounding, shot blocking rim protecting enforcer instead of another small forward? Lack of size will be the Celtics undoing again in 2017/18. They had the chance to take a big intimidating 7-footer in the draft but they selected another small forward/shooting guard. The Celtics have infinite small guys on their team. where are the big 7-footers that scare the opposition players?