By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Any Nintendo fans with ill will for Sony?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Miyamotoo said:

Wrong, 3DS is still current gen same like Vita, Wii U, PS4 and XB1, while Wii and DS were in some generation with PSP, PS3 and Xbox360.

Its a current gen handheld, not home console. 

Well he wrote it's last gen.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
LethalP said:

We've all heard the story of the Nintendo and Sony dispute in the 90's, and of course how Sony went on to take most of the marketshare and Nintendo's dominance away from them. Are there any Nintendo fans that feel a little bitter about that? Not hate or anything (although you might?) but I was always curious about it.

I like both Nintendo and Playstation, one for their first party and the other for the overall library. So I'm glad Sony are here and are basically keeping the AAA gaming industry afloat. What about you?

Sega is the company that took Nintendo down, not Sony. By the time PS1 came out and started doing well, Nintendo's image and marketshare were severly damaged. All Sony did was take Sega's blue print (kiddy=bad, adult=good, mock Nintendo every chance you can get via ads etc.) and run with it. So if people are bitter they should take out their bitterness on Sega, not Sony.

You're kidding, right? Sega only managed to take *themselves* out in their war with Nintendo. Nintendo actually prevailed, they just became something less than before. Sega eventually went completely belly up and Sony broke through into the business by way of many fortunate factors that happened to work for them at the time.

As a huge Nintendo fan I applaud Sony's success with the PlayStation, they have earned their market share on their own merit. We should all be thankful for them being a huge part of why gaming is so big now. Their consoles have rarely appealed to me, I was tempted to buy a PS3 due to the great exclusives it had. They are within their rights to copy Nintendo's innovations and I understand the strategy behind doing so.

As for Microsoft, the industry would be better without their involvement, they have ruined Rare,Lionhead and seemingly any second party they have got their hands on. They are perpetuating a hardware arms race which is detrimental for consumers and developers. They invented a propriety API to monopolize game development when they could have used their resources to facilitate the improvement of the cross platform API OpenGL.

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million. 

Most Nintendo fan probably has a PS4

I've owned every single Sony system, minus the PS Vita.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I don't really have any ill will. In fact, I have a PS4 and I've had tons of fun with it. But Nintendo is my favourite gaming company ever, so Sony consoles usually have a second position in my gaming time. Since the Switch released, I've barely touched it (just to beat Persona 5 and Nier:Automata). But it was all about Switch since then, with the release of BOTW, Arms, and MK8D. I've became addicted to Minecraft too.

What really bothers me sometimes is the not-Nintendo fandom. Not generally speaking, I'm talking about some exceptions I had the "pleasure" to meet. And I'm not saying they're representative of the PS fandom, because I really know some nice people in it. But those... flaming guys always insisting that Nintendo games are not mature enough for a person of my age, and that I'm a kiddie person for that.... Jesus, those stupidities always anger massively. That's not gonna happen in the Ninty fandom, so I'm perfectly comfortable in it. 

AZWification said:

I've owned every single Sony system, minus the PS Vita.

I am Nintendo fan, and only PS console that I passed was PS3.

Does it count if you are a Sega fan who were bitter with Sony and who also became a Nintendo fan like, two years ago? 😜

Dante9 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Sega is the company that took Nintendo down, not Sony. By the time PS1 came out and started doing well, Nintendo's image and marketshare were severly damaged. All Sony did was take Sega's blue print (kiddy=bad, adult=good, mock Nintendo every chance you can get via ads etc.) and run with it. So if people are bitter they should take out their bitterness on Sega, not Sony.

You're kidding, right? Sega only managed to take *themselves* out in their war with Nintendo. Nintendo actually prevailed, they just became something less than before. Sega eventually went completely belly up and Sony broke through into the business by way of many fortunate factors that happened to work for them at the time.

Not only that, by the time DKC came out, the SNES was rapidly regaining market share from Sega, outselling it by huge numbers.

pokoko said:
Pyro as Bill said:
I have tons of ill will for Sony but not because of the 90s. I liked them in the 90s but now I don't like them in the 90s or any other time period.

Awful 'games'. Using story and character as crutches for gameplay shouldn't be allowed. If God of War was on Switch, the game would be over after pressing the + button twice. Flower is an overhyped 3d version of centipede. All the 'muh Clementine' crap in Last of Us made me nauseous.

Apple makes better music players, MS makes better computer platforms, Disney makes better movies and Nintendo makes better games.

People like you who complain about what other people like and try to tell others that they're enjoying themselves wrong are probably the biggest reason Sony's success makes me so happy.  

I'm not kidding, either.  It pleases me greatly.

I've noticed lately that you've been rather harsh on the Nintendo fanbase, due in part to the more radical and biased elements of which Pyro As Bill is one of them. It's just an observation on my part that amuses me.

Hey Miguel, if you're reading this, please don't ban me for flaming kthxbai

Karen is best girl :P

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3