By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Any Nintendo fans with ill will for Sony?

GOWTLOZ said:
KLAMarine said:

They're not wholly evil. Just some moves in recent years come off as anti-consumer: inhibiting crossplay and console mods, showing off games several years away from release on platforms that ultimately don't get said games, denying PS users EA access, duping people into buying No Man's Sky, final products not always matching what was shown off in trailers, trying to claim "Let's Play" for themselves when it belonged and thankfully still belongs to everyone...

It was Nintendo who did that to the Let's Play players, and any video on Youtube that showed off footage from their games.

They didn't dupe anyone into buying No Man's Sky, it was a functional game. Quality is subjective. People only bought it because they were hyped. Its their fault.

They didn't show any game on PS4 that isn't coming to PS4 except Deep Down, which is a Capcom game and is where it is due to Capcom.

Nintendo's YouTube policy is absolute shit, you're right and I agree with you 100% but it pales in comparison with the stunt Sony tried to pull off a year ago. Nintendo goes after intellectual property Nintendo developed, Sony tried to go after something that belonged to everyone and had they succeeded, "Let's Play" would become a trademark of a for-profit corporation.

Interesting read regarding this matter: http://smcarthurlaw.com/the-mcarthur-law-firm-files-letter-of-protest-against-sonys-lets-play-trademark/

No, NMS was not a fully functional game at launch. I sat in on a stream myself shortly after launch and saw that the game was suffering from game-crashing bugs. You're right to say quality is subjective but I think we can all agree that game crashes are universally bad. And Sony provided NMS plenty of time on their enormous platform. People hyped themselves up but Sony and Hello Games are not blameless.

Are we absolutely certain Shenmue 3 and FF7R will be seeing release on PS4?

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
GOWTLOZ said:

It was Nintendo who did that to the Let's Play players, and any video on Youtube that showed off footage from their games.

They didn't dupe anyone into buying No Man's Sky, it was a functional game. Quality is subjective. People only bought it because they were hyped. Its their fault.

They didn't show any game on PS4 that isn't coming to PS4 except Deep Down, which is a Capcom game and is where it is due to Capcom.

Nintendo's YouTube policy is absolute shit, you're right and I agree with you 100% but it pales in comparison with the stunt Sony tried to pull off a year ago. Nintendo goes after intellectual property Nintendo developed, Sony tried to go after something that belonged to everyone and had they succeeded, "Let's Play" would become a trademark of a for-profit corporation.

Interesting read regarding this matter: http://smcarthurlaw.com/the-mcarthur-law-firm-files-letter-of-protest-against-sonys-lets-play-trademark/

No, NMS was not a fully functional game at launch. I sat in on a stream myself shortly after launch and saw that the game was suffering from game-crashing bugs. You're right to say quality is subjective but I think we can all agree that game crashes are universally bad. And Sony provided NMS plenty of time on their enormous platform. People hyped themselves up but Sony and Hello Games are not blameless.

Alright, didn't know about that Let's Play trrademark. Shitty move, Sony. I've bought some gems after watching a few gameplay videos some games I wasn't sure about buying.

NMS was fully functional on PS4, didn't know about those crashes on PC. Anyway it was fixed shortly thereafter. As for when people usually talk about Sony and gaming I just assume they are talking about PlayStation :P

Shenmue 3 and FF7R are made by Sega and Square Enix, not sure why their delay would be considered Sony's fault. I don't care about Shenmue 3 anyway though, although after playing FF XV I'm excited for FF7R and expect them to further improve the gameplay so they can take a few more years for a complet and functional game at launch.

GOWTLOZ said:
KLAMarine said:

Alright, didn't know about that Let's Play trrademark. Shitty move, Sony. I've bought some gems after watching a few gameplay videos some games I wasn't sure about buying.

NMS was fully functional on PS4, didn't know about those crashes on PC. Anyway it was fixed shortly thereafter. As for when people usually talk about Sony and gaming I just assume they are talking about PlayStation :P

Shenmue 3 and FF7R are made by Sega and Square Enix, not sure why their delay would be considered Sony's fault. I don't care about Shenmue 3 anyway though, although after playing FF XV I'm excited for FF7R and expect them to further improve the gameplay so they can take a few more years for a complet and functional game at launch.

Yeah, I at times almost forget about it too...

The stream I sat in on was the PS4 version.

The delays are not Sony's fault but the trailer footage is played to the benefit of Sony and potential PS sales.

Dante9 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Sega is the company that took Nintendo down, not Sony. By the time PS1 came out and started doing well, Nintendo's image and marketshare were severly damaged. All Sony did was take Sega's blue print (kiddy=bad, adult=good, mock Nintendo every chance you can get via ads etc.) and run with it. So if people are bitter they should take out their bitterness on Sega, not Sony.

You're kidding, right? Sega only managed to take *themselves* out in their war with Nintendo. Nintendo actually prevailed, they just became something less than before. Sega eventually went completely belly up and Sony broke through into the business by way of many fortunate factors that happened to work for them at the time.

Nintendo had over a 90% marketshare in the US when the Genesis launched. By 1993, Genesis was beating it. They managed to completely destroy Nintendo in the US and crack their invincible facade. When Sony launched the PS1, they took what Sega had done (marketing, focus on teenagers, college kids and adults etc.) during the 16-era and used it to finish them off. 

Sure, Sega of Japan screwed up and the company imploded. But that doesn't change their Genesis vs. SNES era success. Sega started what Sony finished.

Kerotan said:

I hate your honesty as much as you love sony!

I like your Sony cheerleading. It reminds me of someone.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
KLAMarine said:

They're not wholly evil. Just some moves in recent years come off as anti-consumer: inhibiting crossplay and console mods, showing off games several years away from release on platforms that ultimately don't get said games, denying PS users EA access, duping people into buying No Man's Sky, final products not always matching what was shown off in trailers, trying to claim "Let's Play" for themselves when it belonged and thankfully still belongs to everyone...

I wonder if anybody could come up with such a robust list of anti-consumer practices that Nintendo or Microsoft have engaged in.....?

Bolded: So, if I were to distill that idea down to it's essence, what would I get? That The Last Guardian was announced on PS3 and eventually found it's way to the PS4? I assume this is the specific scenario you're referencing, otherwise you could just say "canceled games". It's huge stretch to call that anti-consumer. If anything, it's laudable it ever came out given the circumstances.

Lol +1

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

By that logic Nintendo and Microsoft are evil too.  

You just said it's Nintendo's 9th gen.  Therefore last gen for Nintendo is 3DS and Wii U. They've even almost stopped shipping Wii U's if not already.  

Current Nintendo gen Switch 

Last Nintendo gen Wii U/3da

2 gens ago for Nintendo DS/Wii 

It's now 2 gens since Nintendo dominated. 

Clear facts, console gaming is now still in 8. gen, Nintendo won last gen that was 7gen. Officially 9. gen still doesn't exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console#Eighth_generation

Officially Nintendo are in their 9th gen.  You can't possibly argue the Switch is the same gen as the Wii U and 3DS.  So for Nintendo it's 2 gens since they won. 

GOWTLOZ said:
KLAMarine said:

Yeah Nintendo going after youtubers was one of the most evil thing any of the big 3 ever did.  I still remember all the angry Joe meltdowns all because nintendo couldn't handle a bit of game criticism.  And the Jim sterling meltdowns too.  God Nintendo really went after him with a vengeance.  So evil! 

Pyro as Bill said:
Kerotan said:

I hate your honesty as much as you love sony!

I like your Sony cheerleading. It reminds me of someone.

That guy speaks the truth that's for sure.  We are winning easily! 

Kerotan said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Yeah Nintendo going after youtubers was one of the most evil thing any of the big 3 ever did.  I still remember all the angry Joe meltdowns all because nintendo couldn't handle a bit of game criticism.  And the Jim sterling meltdowns too.  God Nintendo really went after him with a vengeance.  So evil!

What meltdowns are you referring to here?

KLAMarine said:
Kerotan said:

Just Google angry Joe or Jim sterling and Nintendo. 

Kerotan said:
KLAMarine said:

Just Google angry Joe or Jim sterling and Nintendo. 

What videos in particular should I focus on?

nope, have a ps4 and play it alot same with ps3 in the past.