By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Any Nintendo fans with ill will for Sony?

Kerotan said:
KLAMarine said:

Sony's been the greater of these evils as of late...

Yeah providing the best overall games line up of any console and awesome hardware at a great price. So evil!

They're not wholly evil. Just some moves in recent years come off as anti-consumer: inhibiting crossplay and console mods, showing off games several years away from release on platforms that ultimately don't get said games, denying PS users EA access, duping people into buying No Man's Sky, final products not always matching what was shown off in trailers, trying to claim "Let's Play" for themselves when it belonged and thankfully still belongs to everyone...

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
KLAMarine said:

Sony's been the greater of these evils as of late...

Yeah providing the best overall games line up of any console and awesome hardware at a great price. So evil!

Miyamotoo said:

So you try to say that PS4 and XB1 are last gen!? :D

Officially last and current generation is 8. gen (Wii U/PS4/XB1). Switch is in some strange limbo, we can say that Switch is just Nintendos 9. gen, but other current consoles are all still 8 gen. So if last and current gen for most of consoles on market is 8. gen, previous gen was 7. gen (PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii).

Yes I am saying that. But if you're going to seperate it and say XB/PS4/PS4pro are current gen but nintendo are sperate then it still proves my point. Current gen for nintendo is the switch. The succesor of their last gen hardware wii u and 3ds. And if you're going to say 3ds isn't because it still gets a handful of games well so does ps3 and that's not current gen. PS2 was also supported after the ps3 released. That doesn't mean anything. 

You are wrong, Wii U/PS4/XB1/Pro are current gen (8. gen) consoles not last gen and Vita and 3DS are part of same generation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console#Eighth_generation

Like I wrote, Switch is in some strange limbo, we can say that Switch is just Nintendos 9. gen, but other current consoles are all still 8 gen. So if current gen for most of consoles on market is 8. gen (Vita, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, XB1), previous gen was 7. gen (DS, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii).

Its also fact when you say last gen, mots people are thinking on DS, PSP, Wii, PS3, Xbox360 not on Vita, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, XB1, people know those console are current gen. So it's nothing wrong when I say that nintendo dominated last gen.

KLAMarine said:
Cloudman said:
I think I made a few jokes about the name, but I never really had any bitter feelings about it. Heck, I didn't even know about the console wars between Nintendo and Sega/Sony. I was just a kid who loved to play games and didn't think much on it. I had both a Genesis and Super Nintendo. I got a PS2 because I wanted games on that system, and it continued on like that for awhile.

What I do find bothersome though is its fanbase. It was its fans that kinda brought that dark side of gaming for me. I had a friend in college who loved playstation, and liked to tell me how their games were great and how Sony was better than Nintendo. Boy, was that annoying, and I've met other Sony fans that try to push how great Playstation is as well as their games are, while berating the games I liked.

Boy, I hated it, and it still jades my view on the majority of its fanbase.

In high school, I recall people turning up their noses at my like for Wind Waker.

I'm not going to apologize for my love of cartoony and colorful art styles.

That's funny you say that. I kinda did that when I first heard about the game, but I bought it anyways... and it was greeat!!!

But yeah, never feel the need to apologize for that.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

KLAMarine said:
Kerotan said:

They're not wholly evil. Just some moves in recent years come off as anti-consumer: inhibiting crossplay and console mods, showing off games several years away from release on platforms that ultimately don't get said games, denying PS users EA access, duping people into buying No Man's Sky, final products not always matching what was shown off in trailers, trying to claim "Let's Play" for themselves when it belonged and thankfully still belongs to everyone...

By that logic Nintendo and Microsoft are evil too.  

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Yes I am saying that. But if you're going to seperate it and say XB/PS4/PS4pro are current gen but nintendo are sperate then it still proves my point. Current gen for nintendo is the switch. The succesor of their last gen hardware wii u and 3ds. And if you're going to say 3ds isn't because it still gets a handful of games well so does ps3 and that's not current gen. PS2 was also supported after the ps3 released. That doesn't mean anything. 

You are wrong, Wii U/PS4/XB1/Pro are current gen (8. gen) consoles not last gen and Vita and 3DS are part of same generation.

Like I wrote, Switch is in some strange limbo, we can say that Switch is just Nintendos 9. gen, but other current consoles are all still 8 gen. So if current gen for most of consoles on market is 8. gen (Vita, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, XB1), previous gen was 7. gen (DS, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii).

Its also fact when you say last gen, mots people are thinking on DS, PSP, Wii, PS3, Xbox360 not on Vita, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, XB1, people know those console are current gen. So it's nothing wrong when I say that nintendo dominated last gen.

You just said it's Nintendo's 9th gen.  Therefore last gen for Nintendo is 3DS and Wii U. They've even almost stopped shipping Wii U's if not already.  

Current Nintendo gen Switch 

Last Nintendo gen Wii U/3da

2 gens ago for Nintendo DS/Wii 

It's now 2 gens since Nintendo dominated. 

KLAMarine said:
Kerotan said:

I wonder if anybody could come up with such a robust list of anti-consumer practices that Nintendo or Microsoft have engaged in.....?

Bolded: So, if I were to distill that idea down to it's essence, what would I get? That The Last Guardian was announced on PS3 and eventually found it's way to the PS4? I assume this is the specific scenario you're referencing, otherwise you could just say "canceled games". It's huge stretch to call that anti-consumer. If anything, it's laudable it ever came out given the circumstances.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
KLAMarine said:

Miyamotoo said:

You just said it's Nintendo's 9th gen.  Therefore last gen for Nintendo is 3DS and Wii U. They've even almost stopped shipping Wii U's if not already.  

Current Nintendo gen Switch 

Last Nintendo gen Wii U/3da

2 gens ago for Nintendo DS/Wii 

It's now 2 gens since Nintendo dominated. 

Clear facts, console gaming is now still in 8. gen, Nintendo won last gen that was 7gen. Officially 9. gen still doesn't exist.

SegataSanshiro said:
COKTOE said:

Ok thanks. I'll poke around a bit. Read a few articles and couldn't find anything.

This isn't the same one I listened to but does mention working with Sony and specs and how he wanted Silicon who ended up in N64 and SOJ shot him and Sony down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=304uuwKhkAY So SEGA could have had Sony make Saturn and we might be playing SEGA's 6th home console in 2017.

Ok then. Pretty cool. It does mention that he pitched a spec proposal to Sony and that they were agreeable with what was presented. It sounds like it was the head of Sega R&D, Joe Miller, that came up with the blueprint that Tom agreed with and presented to Sony. Which makes sense. It's highly debatable how much this proposal effected the final PS1 specs though. Tom Kalinske never really implied it did either, and said at one point: " I think if we had done what Joe, and the engineers from Sony had wanted to do, it would have been a better platform than the Saturn." So there's some recognition of the PS R&D guys right there. There were certainly revisions made along the way to the final product at the very least. Who knows I guess? Those specs could have been anything from foundational to widely abandoned.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I've no ill will towards any company. They haven't screwed me over specifically as for me to dislike them.

On Sony's case though, I don't trust them. Their hardware is always awesome, reliable/durable/sleek, but its the third parties that make or destroy their consoles. Their first party offerings simply do not appeal to me at all, and the way they did Vita PLUS how crappy their store is (I still need to buy codes on Amazon because their store won't accept any card/PayPal for no reason); just puts me off of them.

I trust Nintendo the most because their hardware is basically damage proof, they always deliver with the first party and their store has never gave me any issues. But do they make some questionable all the time...

KLAMarine said:
Kerotan said:

It was Nintendo who did that to the Let's Play players, and any video on Youtube that showed off footage from their games.

They didn't dupe anyone into buying No Man's Sky, it was a functional game. Quality is subjective. People only bought it because they were hyped. Its their fault.

They didn't show any game on PS4 that isn't coming to PS4 except Deep Down, which is a Capcom game and is where it is due to Capcom.

Cloudman said:
KLAMarine said:

In high school, I recall people turning up their noses at my like for Wind Waker.

I'm not going to apologize for my love of cartoony and colorful art styles.

That's funny you say that. I kinda did that when I first heard about the game, but I bought it anyways... and it was greeat!!!

But yeah, never feel the need to apologize for that.

Kerotan said:
KLAMarine said:

A number of these anti-consumer policies I listed are exclusive to Sony.

COKTOE said:
KLAMarine said:

I wonder if anybody could come up with such a robust list of anti-consumer practices that Nintendo or Microsoft have engaged in.....?

Bolded: So, if I were to distill that idea down to it's essence, what would I get? That The Last Guardian was announced on PS3 and eventually found it's way to the PS4? I assume this is the specific scenario you're referencing, otherwise you could just say "canceled games". It's huge stretch to call that anti-consumer. If anything, it's laudable it ever came out given the circumstances.

The Last Guardian and FF15 are games that took a very long time to get out and not on platforms they were initially showed off on...

Kingdom Hearts 3 is another that comes to mind. FF7R and Shenmue 3 are also titles that look like they'll be missing in action for years to come...

As for canceled games, all three do this so not fair to single out Sony on this.