By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot reviews

A bit below what I was expecting, I guess.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

On the playstation 4 home thingo, it already has 100k likes. That dwarfs Persona 5's total of 17k, must be pretty decent day one sales.

I'm currently playing New Super Mario Bros. 2 as I wait for Crash to fully download. Oh the Irony!

Just started playing the game. That is one bitchin' invincibility theme!

Barozi said:
Jpcc86 said:
I feel as tho reviewers have no idea how to rate remastered versions of old games. In general, not just this one in particular.

they have no idea how to rate remasters or enhanced ports period.
No reason why Bioshock Collection or Skyrim SE score 10 points less than the originals and games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe gain 4 points, while games like GTA V and Last of Us Remastered have the exact same score.

GTAV and TLOU:R - released so close to the original and had minor improvements. Makes no sense to lower score

Bioshock Collection and Skyrim SE - released further away from the originals. The originals' flaws have become more apparent and easy to see, without too much having been done to fix them

Mario Kart DE - Released sorta close to the original, but also had notable additions to the original. Throw in some Switch goodwill after a dissapointing generation from Nintendo and boom.

Anyway, I don't see why some people think this is a low score. It is only 4 points lower than Ratchet & Clank, which is a terrific game. It has the same score as Splatoon got. An 8 means it is a very good game, especially with (imo) somewhat stricter reviews this gen.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
konnichiwa said:

Ok possible my last impressions have to sleep :). Just finished the second boss.

Some extreme nitpicks:

- Coco is fugly.
- Dissapointed in the title screen it doesn't even have a standard options menu (doesn't bother me that much but hoped for an extra's option).
-The controls still don't feel 100% right and died on one level over and over because of slippery controls and cheap deaths of the game (a jump pad where you automatically bounce from did not let me bounce from it, jumping on an enemy and instead of killing him I got killed while I jumped on all the others and second time he let me jump on him and kill him strange).
- The save/load future is kind of curious, in the game you press L2 and then you choose a block to save, in normal games you would Press X while doing it but in this game X is load. I am so sure plenty of people have a saved game, played some levels and want to save fast and click L2 + X and instead of overwriting their save file it is going to load their last save file XD.

Well I know those are some extreme nitpicks =p.

Agree with this one! Luckily I noticed the game saying "are you sure you want to load?" and was able to cancel it, but I came close :O

What's wrong with Coco though? She looks fine to me.

She reminded me of ganguro gals XD.

Anyway I just prefer the way she looked in older games:

This is the score for the whole thing? Or just the first game only? Because that was the weakest one. A score for a remaster like this doesn't matter one bit anyway, because I remember perfectly well how fun these games are.

S.Peelman said:
This is the score for the whole thing? Or just the first game only? Because that was the weakest one. A score for a remaster like this doesn't matter one bit anyway, because I remember perfectly well how fun these games are.

Whole thing,.

Teeqoz said:
Barozi said:

they have no idea how to rate remasters or enhanced ports period.
No reason why Bioshock Collection or Skyrim SE score 10 points less than the originals and games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe gain 4 points, while games like GTA V and Last of Us Remastered have the exact same score.

GTAV and TLOU:R - released so close to the original and had minor improvements. Makes no sense to lower score

Bioshock Collection and Skyrim SE - released further away from the originals. The originals' flaws have become more apparent and easy to see, without too much having been done to fix them

Mario Kart DE - Released sorta close to the original, but also had notable additions to the original. Throw in some Switch goodwill after a dissapointing generation from Nintendo and boom.

Anyway, I don't see why some people think this is a low score. It is only 4 points lower than Ratchet & Clank, which is a terrific game. It has the same score as Splatoon got. An 8 means it is a very good game, especially with (imo) somewhat stricter reviews this gen.

I didn't criticize the scores for GTA V and The Last of Us. I said it doesn't make sense to have some getting the same exact score, some much lower and some higher.
Skyrim SE added mod support, included all DLCs, improved graphics, fixed tons of glitches that were present in the original when it was reviewed.

Bioshock Collection includes 3 games with Metascores of 96, 88 and 94 (average of 93%). Bioshock Infinite is from 2013, the collection from 2016. That's the same amount of time between MK8 and MK8 Deluxe. Obviously with graphical improvements and all DLCs as well. So what dragged the Collection down? Are Bioshock and Bioshock 2 only 8/10 and 7/10 games by today's standards? I think not. And even if they were, they are two full games that come with Bioshock Infinte, whereas Mario Kart 8 Deluxe only adds some tracks and modes for the same price? How is adding additional games not far better than doing comparatively minor additions to an existing game.

Barozi said:
Teeqoz said:

I didn't criticize the scores for GTA V and The Last of Us. I said it doesn't make sense to have some getting the same exact score, some much lower and some higher.
Skyrim SE added mod support, included all DLCs, improved graphics, fixed tons of glitches that were present in the original when it was reviewed.

Bioshock Collection includes 3 games with Metascores of 96, 88 and 94 (average of 93%). Bioshock Infinite is from 2013, the collection from 2016. That's the same amount of time between MK8 and MK8 Deluxe. Obviously with graphical improvements and all DLCs as well. So what dragged the Collection down? Are Bioshock and Bioshock 2 only 8/10 and 7/10 games by today's standards? I think not. And even if they were, they are two full games that come with Bioshock Infinte, whereas Mario Kart 8 Deluxe only adds some tracks and modes for the same price? How is adding additional games not far better than doing comparatively minor additions to an existing game.

Mario Kart Deluxe Edition included a proper Battle Mode, which was one of the main complaints about the original game. (As well as including all DLC obviously)

As for the Bioshock collection, yes, Infinite released in 2013, but when it is a collection it isn't treated like "Bioshock Infinte, + 1 and 2". It's a collection. And Bioshock 1 & 2 like I've said, have had time for their faults to show. Maybe they are 8.5 and 7.5 games by today's standards.