By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot reviews

>Dated feel

Well, yeah,

Around the Network

Ok the game unlocked 9 minutes ago and I just played the first level.

Graphics are amazing.

Sound: Feels not right if you used to the first ones.

Gameplay: Feels a bit sluggish and in the first level I died twice from falling in a pit seems a bit of with the PS one versions.

I need to get used to it, and I did the first level with almost not getting any crate (for trophy) and I never saw the ending animation of where you get +25 boxes on your head and get crushed (was that in the first one don't remember ^^').

I dunno, 6/10 for a budget price and three rebooted classic games seems like clickbait tbh.

Ok played it a bit more now, just passed the first boss.

-The game has new animations and I love those additions.
- Don't play it with analog, go with the d-pad, well if you want a challenge go with analog I guess.
- I know they added Relics(time trials) in the first one so that wasn't a surprise, what surprised me tho is that I had to do the first level time trial 3 times before I managed getting the relic (and then found out I got a sapphire relic and their are golden and platinum ones, going be a challenge in the later levels XD.)
- For trophy hunters the game got an estimated trophy difficulty of 8/10.

- THEIR ARE DLC TROPHIES!!!.... Ok I am maybe not following the news that well but this is news for me o_o..

Edit: I not jumped on a polar bear yet.

Ka-pi96 said:
konnichiwa said:

Just wait until you get to Crash 2. That's the one with the most Polar Bear cruelty!

Haha I know =p, the polar bears better hope I never can get the platinum trophy in the first game because I am not going to play the next one till I finished the first one XD.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Despite some low reviews still a decent overall score. Some of them are way too harsh just because it's an old classic. I guarantee you if many of those same reviews were rating an old Nintendo classic remastered they wouldn't be saying things like "3d gaming has moved on". Hell some current games are about as advanced as crash in terms of gameplay and mechanics.

You must have played too many Sony games lately ;)

Ok possible my last impressions have to sleep :). Just finished the second boss.

Some extreme nitpicks:

- Coco is fugly.
- Dissapointed in the title screen it doesn't even have a standard options menu (doesn't bother me that much but hoped for an extra's option).
-The controls still don't feel 100% right and died on one level over and over because of slippery controls and cheap deaths of the game (a jump pad where you automatically bounce from did not let me bounce from it, jumping on an enemy and instead of killing him I got killed while I jumped on all the others and second time he let me jump on him and kill him strange).
- The save/load future is kind of curious, in the game you press L2 and then you choose a block to save, in normal games you would Press X while doing it but in this game X is load. I am so sure plenty of people have a saved game, played some levels and want to save fast and click L2 + X and instead of overwriting their save file it is going to load their last save file XD.

Well I know those are some extreme nitpicks =p.

Honest Game Trailers - Crash

https://youtu.be/IhfG9DykLRg

zygote said:

Honest Game Trailers - Crash

https://youtu.be/IhfG9DykLRg

Man, those Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash arguments were fun back in the day.  I was always That Guy who would try to shoehorn Gex into the conversation in the hopes that it would help the 3DO take off.

I remember playing Crash 3 a few years ago and I thought it was fun. I'd like to play this remaster/remake to give a try to the other games and to play Crash 3 again, with bettter graphics and all.