By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot reviews

I think I'm going to have to replay Boulder Dash in the original game, because I swear the boulder is faster in N. Sane Trilogy than it is in the original. It just catches Crash even on seemingly near-perfect runs after the checkpoint with the TNT near it, and I don't remember even having much trouble with that level in the original. The game was hard, but I don't remember that particular level being hard.

Other than that, at least the first game was an excellent remake. Analog controls felt really strange in the first game, so I had to switch to using directional buttons, but after that, I couldn't even notice any difference for the most part. I think it's still slightly less responsive than the original, but it's really close. And I could finally enjoy the bonus levels as well! I have no idea how anyone could have completed them AND collected all boxes in them in the original game, considering you had only one try per level run. But on to the next two games next, having completed the first one!

Around the Network

I will only say this once.

FUCK COLD HARD CRASH!!!

Oh yeah, these games will make some modern gamers salty as hell. I had 25 lives built up in Crash 1, just to go down to 12 in one of the early sidescrolling levels.

New metascore: 80

Hold on, Crash!

IGN gave 8.5.

Around the Network

They did a good job on Crash, the Visuals look amazing, brings back my old PS1 days. Still have them too. Reviews aren't a surprise. I didn't think the gameplay would hold up well for todays standards. Good pick up for nostalgia gamers.

I love Crash but decided to pass when I learned it was all new music. That was an insta-no.

AlfredoTurkey said:
I love Crash but decided to pass when I learned it was all new music. That was an insta-no.

Its just remake of the old music? Sounds all the same to me. 

think-man said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Its just remake of the old music? Sounds all the same to me. 

Really? I heard it was completely redone and certain parts were new.

Zkuq said:
I think I'm going to have to replay Boulder Dash in the original game, because I swear the boulder is faster in N. Sane Trilogy than it is in the original. It just catches Crash even on seemingly near-perfect runs after the checkpoint with the TNT near it, and I don't remember even having much trouble with that level in the original. The game was hard, but I don't remember that particular level being hard.

Other than that, at least the first game was an excellent remake. Analog controls felt really strange in the first game, so I had to switch to using directional buttons, but after that, I couldn't even notice any difference for the most part. I think it's still slightly less responsive than the original, but it's really close. And I could finally enjoy the bonus levels as well! I have no idea how anyone could have completed them AND collected all boxes in them in the original game, considering you had only one try per level run. But on to the next two games next, having completed the first one!

I am honestly surprised that people are having issues with boulder stages. Saw alpha die over and over aswell and hyped he could get to a checkpoint. I honestly did them all in the first try/gold trial and gems aswell (second one need purple gem tho).  And oh yeah you can not die aswell in the first crash bandicoot if you want to collect the gem in a stage it is hard but doable, I am having a lot more issues with the Gold relics (have now two platinum ones).  Now at 90% done in the first game.