By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft vs. Nintendo vs. Sony: Seventh Generation Games Comparison.

Sprash said:
that's why you only need a playstation and nothing else.

Around the Network
NawaiNey said:

Actually no, The two highest rated games of the gen were GTA IV and GTA V, you could play them on everything But the Wii.

Hence why I said, "by your list." 

where is MGS4??

Azzanation said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yes, this is true....but luckily for Sony they excel in multiple genres internally. ;)

Shell we compare another genre like FPS? ;) 

Sony stopped trying and I am thankful they did. Once Sony starts being Sony and focuses on fleshing out their identity as a brand they reach a level that even nintnedo is known for which exists on its own plane. I can thank Microsoft for one thing it's taking away third party exclusives from Sony so Sony could work on their first party.

taus90 said:
where is MGS4??

This is a list of first party games, as in games that were funded, published, and are owned by MS/Sony/Nin. MGS4 is a Konami game.

Around the Network

Playstation is the undisputed king of the gaming industry!!!

Nintendo support was always split on two platforms, in this case on Wii and DS, so if you really want to compare game score releases between Sony, MS and Nintendo in generation, you need to include handheld games also, because for instance MS supported only Xbox360 and Nintendo supported stronger DS than Sony supported PSP.

Dr.Vita said:
Playstation is the undisputed king of the gaming industry!!!

Indeed. Speciafically Sony, no other publisher in the industry puts out such a diverse line up of highly rated games. It's unreal.

Miyamotoo said:

Nintendo support was always split on two platforms, in this case on Wii and DS, so if you really want to compare game score releases between Sony, MS and Nintendo in generation, you need to include handheld games also, because for instance MS supported only Xbox360 and Nintendo supported stronger DS than Sony supported PSP.

Sony was always judged by the individual output of their platforms. Nintnedo was always seen as superior on handhelds where Sony was superior on consoles. Objectively speaking. If you like Japanese games they balance one another out.

So you are including PSN games for Sony but no WiiWare games Ninty? Why is that?

Fluidity - 86 average.
Maboshi's Arcade - 85 average.
You, Me and the cubes - 79 average.
Art Style: Light Trax - 76 average.
Bonsai Barber - 75 average

You also missing:

Wii fit Plus - 80 average.
Project Zero 2 - 77 average.
Endless Ocean: Blue World - 76 average.

Also on the Sony side:

Some of the PixelJunk games were published by Sony but developed and released on another system as well (PC, WiiU etc). Going by this then the Microsoft published games (such as Mass Effect / ETC) should be counted on the 360 list?
You're are also counting Prologue on PS3? A "demo"?
It's nice how you compiled this list but please be objective and fair and don't try to sugarcoat the Sony list.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"