By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft vs. Nintendo vs. Sony: Seventh Generation Games Comparison.

tinfamous12 said:

It's amazing how well Microsofts big IP are received. They can make quality games. Like their main franchises are so good that millions still buy them. They just gotta realize that now and take that risk on a new major IP. I believe in them, i think they are doing better now, and i feel games on and next e3 will show it.

And make another Dance Central for heavens sake! Obviously its the best dance game available. I can't get with that Just Dance nonsense.

Yeah MS did great last gen, but have totally lost the track this time around. They've lost two of the devs who gave them those 90+ rated games last gen, and only have the Forza guys and even their games aren't getting the critical acclaim they used to last gen.

But what's truly surprising is how far behind Nintendo is lagging not just compared to Sony but also MS. It's no wonder people were so reluctant to buy Wii U after how bad Nintedo's support for Wii was, and somehow they managed to do even worse with the Wii U.

Around the Network

The Wii had a lot more going for it than people gave it credit for. And if you were to add 3rd party games to that list, most of which were exclusive, it looks even better.

There was a lot of cool stuff on WiiWare as well, and of course, the Virtual Console.

It was a great little system. Not the best or anything but it was a system I enjoyed a lot. :)

Paperboy_J said:
The Wii had a lot more going for it than people gave it credit for. And if you were to add 3rd party games to that list, most of which were exclusive, it looks even better.

There was a lot of cool stuff on WiiWare as well, and of course, the Virtual Console.

It was a great little system. Not the best or anything but it was a system I enjoyed a lot. :)

Actually even counting all the 3rd party exclsuives, Wii is still behind Sony's own games.

I still can't figure out why some people keep insisting Nintendo has the best exclsuives, even though they clearly have the worst lineups.

NawaiNey said:
Paperboy_J said:

Actually even counting all the 3rd party exclsuives, Wii is still behind Sony's own games.

I still can't figure out why some people keep insisting Nintendo has the best exclsuives, even though they clearly have the worst lineups.

I wasn't comparing it to Sony's.  And I never said they were the best either.  I was just saying the system had a solid lineup of games I really enjoyed, that's all.

NawaiNey said:

Obviously you can't if you claim BotW is bad or subpar

Around the Network

I hope this isn't a thread made to point to one console as being the 'winner' of the gen. I mean, all consoles have great lineup of games. I enjoyed games from both the PS3 and Wii during that gen.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

tinfamous12 said:

It's amazing how well Microsofts big IP are received. They can make quality games. Like their main franchises are so good that millions still buy them. They just gotta realize that now and take that risk on a new major IP. I believe in them, i think they are doing better now, and i feel games on and next e3 will show it.

And make another Dance Central for heavens sake! Obviously its the best dance game available. I can't get with that Just Dance nonsense.

Micorsoft didn't make gears. They funded it. It has only recently become theirs.

Impressive work by Sony, they may not have the highest rated games released that gen but they certainly have a lot to offer and of great quality, but even more impressive is when you look at their 3 top rated games and they are all new IPs that were born that generation, (Variety and New IPs is what i want and they sure deliver in that).

Also game development seems to only get longer every gen, just look Naughty Dog who released 3 Uncharted games and TLOU in 7 years and this gen i think they will only be able to put out UC4, TLOU2 and Lost Legacy (which is almost as long as the first UC so i think you can count it in), and thats part of the reason why i hope this gen is at least 7 years long (2020) so we can get as much games from it as possible.

Wow, the quantitity and diversity of the PS3 was amazing.  You can find something for almost all tastes there.

NawaiNey said:
Paperboy_J said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c