By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo needs to make a TV-only Switch Pro

I would prefer a handheld only switch

Around the Network

Terrible idea to be honest, it completely lacks what makes the Switch so unique.

People are tired of the dick measuring contest that the industry has become.

Miyamotoo said:
No it doesn't.

That^^.

Nintendo does not need it. The Switch is just perfect the way it is; just leave it in your dock and it become a TV-only Swtch already :)

It doesn't need to be 4k that's not a good idea, just make a cheaper one you can only use on the TV.

Strip out the battery and screen and sell it for $229.

I'd buy it.

In regards to the title, I don't think Ninten will need something like that for a good while now. They need to meet the current demand 1st.

Also, I can understand you'd want to buy a TV or portable version only, but why for a higher price? 200 USDs would make more sense, rather than pay more for losing half of the function of the system.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
And kill any potential sales as you would be destroying the very definition of what the Switch is?

Brilliant idea, buddy.

This.

Also 4k, really?. Nintendo doesn't need to go down the 4k fad route, not until 4k is good and ready for them, just like how I'm not touching native 4k until it's been fully irned out, games and hardware. 

Even if they made a TV like Switch device, whatever power it could hold would be held back by the OG Switch itself, just like how the Pro and X1X are held back by their OG models. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

vivster said:
Nautilus said:

Dosent make it less silly.If I see everything by the consumer side, then I wished Playstation first party games were in Nintendo systems, that everything should cost the manufacturing costs without profits factored in.While at that, make XBox gaming division exclusive to Switch too!

You are right, things such as business sense, making good decisions so that said companies dont go bankrupt and stop making the games we love, shouldnt be even considered.

Consumers decide. I couldn't care less if Nintendo goes bankrupt because no one wants to buy their consoles anymore That's called business. There are plenty of great game developers. Even better, if Nintendo actually goes bankrupt, all of their talented developers will be free to make games on way better hardware platforms.

The wealth of a company is no consumer's concern, especially in an age of oversaturation of entertainment options.

Keep telling yourself that.  Meanwhile the Switch sells out within hours of being re-stocked.  And, keep telling yourself that the consumer doesn't want to have a choice of hardware, or that somehow freedom of choice is bad for consumers.  Whatever helps you to sleep at night I guess, but in the real world, choice and competition have always been to the benefit of the consumer.  You, or the single universal console manufacturer that exists in your communist inspired fantasy land don't get to decide what the rest of the gaming population games on. 

I'm with you. It even sounds doable - if they leave out the screen, batteries, Joycon and don't have to miniaturize and keep power consumption ultra low anymore, their bill of materials should be waaay cheaper. Spend that on CPU and GPU instead and you'd have a NonSwitch Pro. Fully compatible, but 4K output.

I'd love that, and I say that as a happy Switch owner. Who happens not to care for portability.

Every time Nintendo releases a product certain people on this site try to recreate it in the Microsoft/Sony image. Every time. Give it a rest. Nintendo always has and always will exist outside the normal console ecosystem and always will. Sometimes it hurts, but very often it pays off in huge dividends. And 4K...I'm sorry but that is not the end all be all that some of you think. 4K tvs are at least 5 years from being anywhere close to standard. People have already purchased several HD tvs and they're just not as rich as you might think.

Nintendo doesnt need you as a customer.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints