By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo needs to make a TV-only Switch Pro

Nintendo came out last October with a video that perfectly communicated what the Switch is without using any words. They've had a ton of success selling on that message.

Doing something like this would completely undercut the message.

If you want high res, Sony and Microsoft make a box for that.

Around the Network

Ermm ... no? In that case it would be just another home console and 101% they wouldn't call it "Switch" as it would have nothing to do with the "switching" and whole concept in general. Nintendo still might release new home system in the future and, who knows, even with the shared Switch library, but apart from being somewhat backwards/sideways compatible, it would be a completely new system.

I think that would be unecessary. Besides, it would take away the very pourpose of the device itself, which is to be a console that can be played both everywhere.

I do think, thought, that a bundle with a Pro Controller and a game would be nice, very nice.

Why bother making it powerful? Nintendo games aren't designed to take advantage of it?

I just want them to sell a traditional Switch console with the pro controller for $199.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

GoOnKid said:

Gwaphix powah nuthin els madders

hahahahahaha. Really funny. I laughed out loud here.

Around the Network

A dock with a supplemental computing device for a bump in power would make more sense. A Switch Pro should happen eventually, but when the tech to keep the portability is affordable as well.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Turkish said:

For $399, gets Switch games up to 4K. Exclude the things like expensive Joycons, the screen, the dock etc and spend the budget on specs, in hardware the size of a Wii, a normal controller included.

I dont care about the portability of the Switch, all I want is a Nintendo console under my TV. Games with gorgeous art like Super Mario Odyssey should be enjoyed in pristine quality in resolution matching today's displays. It's sad that Nintendo's art is held back by hardware. I dont wanna wait on an emulator 5 years from now doing what Nintendo could do today.

I say take out the portability and charge $199.

If you don't care about the portability of the Switch, then don't take it out of the dock.

Games like Mario Kart are already gorgeous. The system is already producing games matching most of today's displays: 1080p. You also wouldn't save much money by removing th joycons, given that the Pro Controller is only $20 cheaper. All that really does is remove functionality and compatibility.

I mean, I could get wanting this for a cheape box, but a more expensive one? Seems pretty pointless.

GoOnKid said:

Gwaphix powah nuthin els madders

Hahaha. To the top. Oh wait, wrong website

The Switch is compelling because its different and portable. Nintendo doesn't need 4K to make great games. Were all lucky the Switch can dock with a TV at all.