By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo needs to make a TV-only Switch Pro

For $399, gets Switch games up to 4K. Exclude the things like expensive Joycons, the screen, the dock etc and spend the budget on specs, in hardware the size of a Wii, a normal controller included.

I dont care about the portability of the Switch, all I want is a Nintendo console under my TV. Games with gorgeous art like Super Mario Odyssey should be enjoyed in pristine quality in resolution matching today's displays. It's sad that Nintendo's art is held back by hardware. I dont wanna wait on an emulator 5 years from now doing what Nintendo could do today.

Around the Network

There is already plenty of good hardware out there. Nintendo just needs to release on it. We don't need more consoles, we need fewer.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

And kill any potential sales as you would be destroying the very definition of what the Switch is?

Brilliant idea, buddy.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
And kill any potential sales as you would be destroying the very definition of what the Switch is?

Brilliant idea, buddy.

I think he is viewing it more from the consumer side. Probably because he's a consumer and not a shareholder.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

No it doesn't.

Around the Network

Great- we'd get a console which sells 2 units and we can see the Nintendo haters go on a rampage again

They could make a DockPro. That would be cheaper and you would still have the portability aspect for playing on the toilett.

Why?

vivster said:
Nautilus said:

Brilliant idea, buddy.

I think he is viewing it more from the consumer side. Probably because he's a consumer and not a shareholder.

Dosent make it less silly.If I see everything by the consumer side, then I wished Playstation first party games were in Nintendo systems, that everything should cost the manufacturing costs without profits factored in.While at that, make XBox gaming division exclusive to Switch too!

You are right, things such as business sense, making good decisions so that said companies dont go bankrupt and stop making the games we love, shouldnt be even considered.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

While I can see a cheaper Switch-TV without portable part, I doubt the upscaling will happen.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]