By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - There will be PS5

Zoombael said:
Mar1217 said:

8K is next ...

Side note:

Witcher 3 at 8k max "needs" 4 titan xps.

www.digitaltrends.com/computing/witcher-iii-8k-gaming/amp/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=titan+xp

Well they were trying to get it to a 60FPS lock, so if you were to settle for an inferior 30 FPS, you only need two cards.
Also the Titan Xp is pretty overpriced, a GTX 1080Ti performs only a few (single digit, or low double) percentage points below it.
You can get one for as less than $700 USD.
link
Hopefully RX Vega shakes up price to performance in the coming months.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I cannot even afford the PS4 or PS4 pro let alone buy another Sony console that I have not time to play or money to spend on it.

Does your Walmart not offer you a discount on in store purchases?

Ka-pi96 said:
Mar1217 said:
2019 announcement, 2020 holiday release.

Why would they screw up their PS4 2019 holiday sales by annoucing a successor when they could announce and release in the same year?

Exactly.  Won't be a peep out of them before 2020. Could even end up being announced in 2021.

AlfredoTurkey said:
I'll tell you what DID happen. The whole Pro model, mid gen thing? It's going to hurt the PS5 big time when it launches because lots of people are going to hold off for the PS5 Pro model. So unless Sony comes out and says "there will be no PS5 Pro", they're kind of screwed. Hopefully they do that.

Lol no it won't.  A shit load of people will buy the ps5 before the mid gen upgrade.  People buy consoles mainly for games not specs. 

@OP

I can see ps5 in 2020/2021 and it will be a true native 4k machine with 60FPS or if need dynamic 4k /60FPS.  

I do still think we'll be getting some open world games sticking with 30FPS but when the ps5 pro launches in 2023/24 it will play pretty much everything at 4k/60FPS.  Exciting times ahead. 

I think the Playstation 5 will launch in Holiday 2019 for $450. It will have a 10 TFlop GPU, an 8 core Ryzen based processor, 32 GB of RAM, 1TB of SSD storage and will be capable of uncompromised 4K gaming at 60 FPS.

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million. 

Ps5 will be a VR console, thinking for VR... Selling with PlayStation VR 2... It will be ps4 games compatability.

10-12 TFlops, 16-24gb Ram and a MUCH better CPU.

Hopefully the big CPU improvement will allow 60fps to be pretty much standard, but you know developers will yet again strive after shiny shiny effects at the expense of frame rate.

Around the Network

Do not care about 4k, but it should be backward compatible with PS4 games.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Hell to the yes!

It'll likely be backwards compatible.

The question is whether they'll release a PS5 Pro at launch (given fans know it will come and may hold off becuase of it), and if they do, do they release a PS5 Super Pro later?

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

spurgeonryan said:
I cannot even afford the PS4 or PS4 pro let alone buy another Sony console that I have not time to play or money to spend on it.

Same here. More a problem of personal investment than monetary investment. I would buy a ps4 for MH, eventually play alien isolation, and other IPs I've never played.

Solid-Stark said:
Hell to the yes!

The question is whether they'll release a PS5 Pro at launch (given fans know it will come and may hold off becuase of it), and if they do, do they release a PS5 Super Pro later?

The PS4Pro and Xbox One X in my opinion are only there to allow for 4K or Pseudo-4K gaming and thats it.

I see no reason why Sony would release a PS5 and a PS5Pro especially at the same time.  Yes it's understandable why they would release an update a few years into the cycle, but this should only matter if there is the need.

Like others have said before, we should be looking at a 2019/2020 PS5 release date.  It SHOULD be backwards compatible with the PS4 and we should expect a serious CPU upgrade; something that will easily allow 60FPS etc.  There should be enough horsepower to show better visuals at 4K native with 60fps if required.  And seeing as we have seen us moving from 1.8TF in 2013 to 4.2TF in 2016 and now 6TF in late 2017, surely we should be expecting over 10TF within the next 3 years.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

davygee said:
Solid-Stark said:
Hell to the yes!

The PS4Pro and Xbox One X in my opinion are only there to allow for 4K or Pseudo-4K gaming and thats it.

I see no reason why Sony would release a PS5 and a PS5Pro especially at the same time.  Yes it's understandable why they would release an update a few years into the cycle, but this should only matter if there is the need.

Like others have said before, we should be looking at a 2019/2020 PS5 release date.  It SHOULD be backwards compatible with the PS4 and we should expect a serious CPU upgrade; something that will easily allow 60FPS etc.  There should be enough horsepower to show better visuals at 4K native with 60fps if required.  And seeing as we have seen us moving from 1.8TF in 2013 to 4.2TF in 2016 and now 6TF in late 2017, surely we should be expecting over 10TF within the next 3 years.

If PS had launched PS4 Pro for $499 at the same time as PS4, they would have gotten another $100 out of a lot of gamers. Instead, people like my friends and I, have PS4's and won't be upgrading to Pro. If they were to launch PS5 and PS5 Pro at the same time, instead of having a 5:1 sales ratio like PS4 to PS4 Pro now, you would probably get something more like 5:2 or 5:3 for PS5 to PS5 Pro, and that's from launch.

There is also the fact that while PS4 and PS4 Pro are similar, there are some differences in the architecture and API, etc, that is a hassle and makes more work for devs, leading to poorer support. By making both PS5 and PS5 Pro at the same time, the architecture and API can basically be the same, making it much easier for devs. Add to that, many more people buying the PS5 Pro due to its availability at launch, and now its much more worth it for devs to properly support both consoles. Which in turn, also makes purchasing a PS5 Pro more worth it for future customers since its getting full support.

If PS could hit $499 for PS5 Pro at launch, and make PS5 $349-$399, their sales would probably be even stronger than they were for PS4. If PS is sticking with separate hardware and non upgradable consoles (except the HDD/SSD), then I would say this is the better approach. It's more money up front to design and build them both for launch, but it should pay off as fast or faster than PS4 has.