By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - There will be PS5

I guess only a few had doubts. The interesting part is Shawn Layden saying it wont be happening soon. So, a 2018 launch is out of the picture.

While Microsoft may have drawn a line in the sand with the Xbox One X, proclaiming that we are now in a world beyond traditional console generations, and Nintendo may have sidestepped the traditional generational progression entirely, Sony apparently still believes in the conventional understanding of what a console generation is.

Speaking to German outlet Golem.de, PlayStation’s America boss Shawn Layden said that the company will definitely make a PlayStation 5, as it will represent the next step forward for Sony as a whole- though he did also add that it will be a while before PS5 does happen. So if anyone thought that the PS4 Pro meant Sony would be moving to a rolling hardware model, it doesn’t seem like the company has any interest in doing that just yet.

Layden also specifically noted that PS4 Pro exclusive games – games that run only on the PS4 Pro, but not on standard PS4 or PS4 Slim systems – will never happen, either. Both of these are in line with what Sony has previously said- so it should be clear now that even though Microsoft may be following its own trajectory, and Nintendo its own, Sony will continue to stick with what has worked for it so far. And there is nothing wrong with

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/sony-will-definitely-make-a-ps5-sony-america-boss-asserts#f1S7wqGJIiQAIFwJ.99

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

Can't wait. They're gonna release a console 3 times as powerful as the Pro that plays all the same games as the OG ps4 does and then call it PS5. And then we will have fanboys arguing if Sony is allowed to call it PS5 because it technically has no exclusives.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

nice because thats what want. Mid gen upgrade won't be taken as serious as a new gen console.

They need a better CPU because 60fps is something requested since a long time. It's not longer the PS2 era were hack&slash, fighting and ricing games were the most popular. With the influx of open world games I hope Sony takes it into consideration.

Of course there will, just not anytime soon.

Around the Network

Hope its for the holidays of 2020 and its another 399 console, and if dreams came true the priority would be getting 60 fps for all games instead of 4k...

estebxx said:
Hope its for the holidays of 2020 and its another 399 console, and if dreams came true the priority would be getting 60 fps for all games instead of 4k...

I hope for 4k/60fps in most games.

PEEPer0nni said:
estebxx said:

I hope for 4k/60fps in most games.

I do too but if they have to prioritize something i hope its the FPS but well... we all know thats not what they care about.

Mar1217 said:
estebxx said:

I do too but if they have to prioritize something i hope its the FPS but well... we all know thats not what they care about.

8K is next ...

You know what that means... PS5 PRO...

It would be nice if it could run PS4 games.