By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - There will be PS5

Mar1217 said:
estebxx said:

You know what that means... PS5 PRO...

Ready to sit at 0,25m of distance from your 8k expensive TV to see the microscopic differences ?

I dont even want a PS4 PRO anymore (did a while back)... only 60 FPS for all games would make me want an upgrade like that, and even then i guess i would wait for a really good price cut.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
estebxx said:

I do too but if they have to prioritize something i hope its the FPS but well... we all know thats not what they care about.

8K is next ...

Side note:

Witcher 3 at 8k max "needs" 4 titan xps.

www.digitaltrends.com/computing/witcher-iii-8k-gaming/amp/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=titan+xp

Hunting Season is done...

If MS's new strategy is to keep up these backward/forward compatable upgrades then Sony are going to thrash them even more. At some point you need renewed momentum and a completely new console launch after 7 years is still the best way to do that. Also it can make sure that everything is an upgrade from the GPU to the CPU and RAM with no bottlenecks. i.e. 6 TFLOPS of the PS5 will far outclass the Scorpio, since everything is more modern and balanced.

Mar1217 said:
estebxx said:

I dont even want a PS4 PRO anymore (did a while back)... only 60 FPS for all games would make me want an upgrade like that, and even then i guess i would wait for a really good price cut.

On my side, I'm pretty excited to see if they'll changed some of their game philosophy when it comes to their 1st party games. I really want to get into another Sony's console since the PS2 :)

What type of games you want?

2020 would be best I think. Announce in February, show off big at E3 with price and form factor, and release in September this time Sony! gotta get that initial surge out of the way before the holiday surge comes in! Could sell way more in the first quarter if you do.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
estebxx said:

What type of games you want?

2D/3D Platformers, Jak&Dexter,Spyro and Crash Bandicoot sequels would already be a fantastic start, hack & slash games à la Devil May Cry/Bayonetta, JRPG and I already it would be a good place for that ( surprisingly the JRPG's in the PS4 librairy didn't wow-ed me at all, except Persona 5 but I prefer SMT so ... :P), Action-Adventure game, stuff like BOTW or Horizon Zero Dawn or Souls game( in a modern setting ?) would make me interest as well.

The rest depends on them, if they could surprise me with new IP's that doesn't want to borrow stuff from their cinematic tendencies.

Well i do think there are some games that fit your descriptions and i kinda wanna give you some recommendations, but before that i just wanna make it clear that Sony lets their studios do the games they wanna do and they dont force any game philosophy on them, also i dont like the term cinematic games because it makes it sound as if the games are nothing but glorified movies, as if the games took away player input constantly for the sake of giving them movie like sequences which couldnt be farther from the truth.

Now on to game recommendations:

I can understand the lack of Platformers in general (its not exactly a poluar genre nowadays) so thats a valid point, but at least there is Ratchet and Clank and the just recently released Crash N Sane trilogy.

In terms of Hack and  Slash the PS4 just got a game thats better than both of your examples (Nier Automata, Reviews dont even make it justice which is funny because if you read them they describe a 10/10 experience yet they give a 9, i literally cannot recommed this game enough and in my opinion its PS4s best exclusive and best game in general), Also just as a fun fact your examples arent Hack and Slash games those are character action games, gameplay wise both genres (Hack and Slash and Character Action) are basically the same but there is one difference, they give you points for style and combos on Character Action games while Hack and Slash games dont do that.

In terms of JRPGS if you cant find anything you like then well.... thats a shame, but when it comes to that particular genre there isnt any console that gets as many as the Playstation consoles, and (myself) as a fan of that genre in particular would never miss on a PS console, just this year (2017) we have gotten and will be getting stuff like

Persona 5

Tales of Berseria

Nier Automata (which also has a ton of RPG elements)

Digimon Next Order

Nioh

Akibas Beat

Atelier Firis

Blue Reflection

Dark Rose Valkirie

FF 12 The Zodiac Age

God Wars Future Past

Ni No Kuni 2

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception

Tokyo Xanady eX+

Valkyria Revolution

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online

YS Origin

YS VII Lacrimosa of Dana

.Hack//G.U Last Recode

19 games in a year and thats not taking into acount all the Japanese games but just strictly the ones that are JRPGs

In terms of exclusive Action Adventure games there is the Uncharted and InFamous games, and you mention Horizon Zero Dawn which is already out so i guess thats a reason for you, and there is actually two amazing Souls games that are exclusive to the PS4 Nioh and Bloodborne (both take place in different setting from each other and from the Dark Souls dark fantasy setting), but if you really want a souls game thats on a modern setting then i would recommend you check out a game called The Surge (though that one isnt exclusive).

And thats about it for now, hope you eventually find some games you like.

Never doubted it. It is just a matter of when, and how many PS4 revisions we will see before it arrives.

I would really like a new PS4 above the Pro in 2018, and PS5 in 2020. I had originally wanted a longer gen, but the CPU in the PS4 is just to weak, and they will need to address that if they want to continue to lead the VR industry.

The push for VR should make those that want 60fps in retro sytle games very happy. With VR requiring 60fps minimum, and preferably 120fps, on two 4K renders, 60fps on a single 4K render should be no issue.

Gonna be very very interesting to see how they approach the PS5. How many tiers at launch, how much $, and what peripherals will be available at launch. I would love to see at least 2 tiers, PSVR 2.0, & new motion controls all available from day one. I think it is very important that they hit the $399.99 price point for an entry level device, but I would really like a $599.99ish option for the best VR expereince possible.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Mar1217 said:

It's cool to see someone so passionate about it's games :) Nier Automata is definitely something I would want to touch on but ... in fact, I was talking mainly about the future catalog for the PS5.

Oh damn my mistake lol, well thats still about 3 years away so i got no idea what we will get, but what i personally want is a new IP from Naughty Dog, and it would be cool if Sony got another studio in japan that would give us some nice JRPGs (but i seriously doubt that will happen).

Obviously there will be a PS5.

If we want to speculate on when it will be released we should at least look at the the previous SONY console releases.

PS1: December 3, 1994
PS2: March 4, 2000 - 63 months
PS3: November 11/17, 2006 (jp/na) - 80 months
PS4: November 2013 (na) - 84 months

Being conservative and giving a wide window range I would expect to see:

PS5: November 2019 - 72 months or November 2020 - 84 months

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

No shit Sherlock