By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has Never Made a Bad Game.

Do you agree?

Yes 143 16.01%

No 690 77.27%

Results 60 6.72%

Total:893

Nintendo rarely makes flat out bad games, but they have made bad games before. It depends on what you view as 'bad', though.

Amiibo festival is hot trash and even the developers admitted they just wanted to make amiibo.

Star Fox Zero and Metroid: Other M are looked at as bad by a large amount of people, but they're more so divisive. They don't have 'bad' scores on Metacritic for example, they have above average and good scores (respectively) that fall short of past games but are still technically above average/good.

Skyward Sword has fantastic reviews but some people clearly dislike it or were disappointed with it...but most don't think it's a flat out bad game and by reviews it's actually a technically 'fantastic' game. Some people hate it, but some people love it or like it too.

The main point is that by numbers, yeah Nintendo rarely makes flat out bad games, but it's highly opinionated depending on what you think is a bad score, and if you agree with said scores. But most certainly they have made bad games before, but what those games are vary subjectively in most cases.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
curl-6 said:

So stop making insinuations about the Nintendo fanbase based on a single bad post.

When did I say all nintendo fans or insinuate all nintendo fans think like that? All I said was that this doesn't help the image of nintendo fans on this site.

Nobody with a lick of common sense would base their views on the Nintendo fanbase on a single extreme post.

Jumpin said:

There were some horrid games from Nintendo's dev studios on the NES. Dozens of them. So even if the quality control went up in later years, you can't ignore the piles of shovel ware they used to release on their early systems.

on NES, for example: Urban Champion, Volleyball, Soccer, Baseball, Clu Clu Land, and Wrecking Crew all immediately come to mind. These games range from broken to crap.

It didn't stop on SNES either. Super Play Action Football comes to mind, that was hot garbage.

By today's standards maybe, but these games were all revolutionary back in 1985-86 when they were released. Just take a look at what a sports game looked like on Atari 2600.

Some here obviously want to portray all Nintendo fans as OP. It is very dissapointing.

curl-6 said:
Aeolus451 said:

When did I say all nintendo fans or insinuate all nintendo fans think like that? All I said was that this doesn't help the image of nintendo fans on this site.

Nobody with a lick of common sense would base their views on the Nintendo fanbase on a single extreme post.

Then why are you pestering people over this? 

Around the Network
atma998 said:
Jumpin said:

There were some horrid games from Nintendo's dev studios on the NES. Dozens of them. So even if the quality control went up in later years, you can't ignore the piles of shovel ware they used to release on their early systems.

on NES, for example: Urban Champion, Volleyball, Soccer, Baseball, Clu Clu Land, and Wrecking Crew all immediately come to mind. These games range from broken to crap.

It didn't stop on SNES either. Super Play Action Football comes to mind, that was hot garbage.

By today's standards maybe, but these games were all revolutionary back in 1985-86 when they were released. Just take a look at what a sports game looked like on Atari 2600.

I was there when these games launched, and played most of them close to launch, they were bad then too.

While the games may have been better than Atari 2600 (before my time), they were still crap compared to sports titles already on the C64 and other contemporary platforms from the early to mid 80s. They were also extremely bad compared to other contemporary NES games like Super Mario Bros, Metroid, Dragon Warrior, and Castlevania.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Aeolus451 said:
curl-6 said:

Because too many people are using this thread as an excuse to make thinly veiled cheap shots at the Nintendo fanbase.

curl-6 said:
Aeolus451 said:

Because too many people are using this thread as an excuse to make thinly veiled cheap shots at the Nintendo fanbase.

*shrugs I saw alot of posts knocking Nintendo or it's game library but not the fan base. No one is taking the thread seriously. 

Sure, in the same way most other (big) devs have never made a bad game. Deeply flawed, not very fun, but not strictly speaking bad. If you want to use such a strict definition of bad, Nintendo doesn't really shine because the same applies to a lot of other devs too.

Couple the thread title with the fact that most of Nintendo's fans think everything Nintendo makes is golden and you can see why this line of thinking occurs. There are a great many bad games under Nintendo's belt. But often nostalgia and rose-colored glasses lead people to think everything Nintendo puts forth is great.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!