By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo business model is bad for gamers

They have shown your console doesn't even have to have all the big AAA 3rd party stuff and you can still sell it like hotcakes. They have shown it's OK to have like 3 games in the launch of new console and your console would still be doing exceptionally.  They can literally release any quirky Mario, Kirby, Just Dance game and they sell like hotcakes. This does nothing to promote competition within the industry. Now companies like Microsoft and Sony know they slack off and still make profits. Sony has have began to do it - look at this E3 they went with the safe stuff. No shocking announcments because they know Microsoft and Nintendo are not in direct competitoin with them. 

Around the Network
germibobi said:

They have shown your console doesn't even have to have all the big AAA 3rd party stuff and you can still sell it like hotcakes. They have shown it's OK to have like 3 games in the launch of new console and your console would still be doing exceptionally.  They can literally release any quirky Mario, Kirby, Just Dance game and they sell like hotcakes. This does nothing to promote competition within the industry. Now companies like Microsoft and Sony know they slack off and still make profits. Sony has have began to do it - look at this E3 they went with the safe stuff. No shocking announcments because they know Microsoft and Nintendo are not in direct competitoin with them. 

Damn it's rare you see stuff like this on vgchartz. This sounds like a troll post ripped straight from an ign comment section

Sorry but ... what?

First of all, Just Dance has sold like shit even on Switch. Kirby games are fun. So what's your point here?

Second, PS4 sold like gangbusters with a garbage launch lineup, even Sony admitted they were surprised by its sales early on.

So your blaming Nintendo for Sony's E3...?

Alright.

You did catch the part where the Switch reveal also promised several games of various interest right? Mario and No More Heroes have die hard audiences.

Also not long into launch you get mention of Fire Emblem core, Pokemon core, and Metroid titles.

Honestly I thought this was going to be a thread about how Nintendo games never price drop or something.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

I am blaming Nintendo for playing it super safe and boring but people keep rewarding and praising. Instead of doing new IPs there is this quirky Mario game Odysey or something: what in world even is this? But gamers and critics have both praised the hell out of it. I get it's probably a fun game but how can you stack up this games against games like Red Dead, Anthem, etc.

Where is their 3rd party support? How can the get away with literally most AAA games not coming to their flagmanship console? If this Microsoft or Sony, they'd be slaughtered and no one would buy their system. 

They literally put a graphic for the new Metroid and people lost their shit. Like do we even know when it's coming? 2020 or so?

I agree with this man

germibobi said:

I am blaming Nintendo for playing it super safe and boring but people keep rewarding and praising. Instead of doing new IPs there is this quirky Mario game Odysey or something: what in world even is this? But gamers and critics have both praised the hell out of it. I get it's probably a fun game but how can you stack up this games against games like Red Dead, Anthem, etc.

Where is their 3rd party support? How can the get away with literally most AAA games not coming to their flagmanship console? If this Microsoft or Sony, they'd be slaughtered and no one would buy their system. 

They literally put a graphic for the new Metroid and people lost their shit. Like do we even know when it's coming? 2020 or so?

*Cough* Splatoon, ARMS, Snipperclips *Cough*

germibobi said:

I am blaming Nintendo for playing it super safe and boring but people keep rewarding and praising. Instead of doing new IPs there is this quirky Mario game Odysey or something

A new IP came out literally 3 days ago...

No! Nah! Nope!

Pocky Lover Boy!