By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo business model is bad for gamers

germibobi said:

They have shown your console doesn't even have to have all the big AAA 3rd party stuff and you can still sell it like hotcakes. They have shown it's OK to have like 3 games in the launch of new console and your console would still be doing exceptionally.  They can literally release any quirky Mario, Kirby, Just Dance game and they sell like hotcakes. This does nothing to promote competition within the industry. Now companies like Microsoft and Sony know they slack off and still make profits. Sony has have began to do it - look at this E3 they went with the safe stuff. No shocking announcments because they know Microsoft and Nintendo are not in direct competitoin with them. 

Nintendo does not need AAA games.

Quality > Quantity and the Switch had great quality games at launch.

Mario, and Kirby games are good games. Just Dance isnt a Nintendo game.

Lol how? If the Switch sells good then Sony and MS will try more to stay competitive against Nintendo.

Sony had a pretty good E3 so i dont know what you're talking about.

Around the Network
John19 said:
germibobi said:

I am blaming Nintendo for playing it super safe and boring but people keep rewarding and praising. Instead of doing new IPs there is this quirky Mario game Odysey or something

A new IP came out literally 3 days ago

I'm sorry but I can't take this ARMS game seriously. It looks so chidlish. And while a new IP, it's not like they put as much effort to create this world/universe as Guerilla did with Horizon for example.

Arms is safe? Splatoon is safe? Cel-shaded Link is safe? First-Person Metroid is safe? Nintendo takes huge risks with its IPs and with its hardware. Ever heard of that really safe bet called the WiiU? Or the Wii for that matter? These are bold risks that the company continues to take...and Nintendo fans don't just buy it because they slap a logo on it. Nintendo fans are fickle and have high expectations. We'll show up in droves if you give us a good game...and we'll forget you exist if you don't. But keep on keeping on with the victim mentality now that Nintendo is riding a good press wave.

Setting aside the debate over whether Nintendo has been playing it "too safe" or not, this sounds more like a issue that should be blamed on consumers, not companies. If consumers are willing to buy a console with three games on it, or consistently buy "safe" games, that's an issue you need to address at the buyer level. Nintendo (and Sony) is catering towards what their audience wants; that's quite literally what their responsibility is as a company.

If you want to change things, you should be looking to convince audiences that they shouldn't be happy with what Nintendo announced and should refuse to buy the products. Trying to budge a company away from a strategy that has pleased the vast majority of its fanbase is almost always a lost cause.

tbone51 said:
I agree with this man

What a plot twist.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Your posting model is bad for gamers

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

germibobi said:
John19 said:

A new IP came out literally 3 days ago

I'm sorry but I can't take this ARMS game seriously. It looks so chidlish. And while a new IP, it's not like they put as much effort to create this world/universe as Guerilla did with Horizon for example.

and we can't take you seriously.. cause you can't be serious.. right?..

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Wut?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

It is way too early to say that Switch is a success.