By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo business model is bad for gamers

Bajablo said:
germibobi said:

I'm sorry but I can't take this ARMS game seriously. It looks so chidlish. And while a new IP, it's not like they put as much effort to create this world/universe as Guerilla did with Horizon for example.

and we can't take you seriously.. cause you can't be serious.. right?..

He's probably a teenager, don't look too much into it.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Agreed, Nintendo needs to bring balance to the force now that MS has killed its 1st party and with it any chance the Xbox brand has.

Arrogant Sony is coming back, save us Nintendo, make more games! Kirby and Yoshi aint enough!

Nintendo is already stretched too thin. To do what you're asking of them, they have to get those third party companies on board. To get those, said companies need to stop trying to make games on the cutting edge graphically. They're too stupid to realize the money they're losing by doing that and the benefits of releasing on a console like Switch which is void of those types of games. 

It's a downward cycle.

super_etecoon said:
Arms is safe? Splatoon is safe? Cel-shaded Link is safe? First-Person Metroid is safe? Nintendo takes huge risks with its IPs and with its hardware. Ever heard of that really safe bet called the WiiU? Or the Wii for that matter? These are bold risks that the company continues to take...and Nintendo fans don't just buy it because they slap a logo on it. Nintendo fans are fickle and have high expectations. We'll show up in droves if you give us a good game...and we'll forget you exist if you don't. But keep on keeping on with the victim mentality now that Nintendo is riding a good press wave.

What other company has the courage to make a AAA platformer in 2017,  or a motion controlled fighter.

germibobi is defiantly a troll.

I'm so happy I'm on a forum so I can witness these hilarious responses to Nintendo success.

germibobi said:
super_etecoon said:
Arms is safe? Splatoon is safe? Cel-shaded Link is safe? First-Person Metroid is safe? Nintendo takes huge risks with its IPs and with its hardware. Ever heard of that really safe bet called the WiiU? Or the Wii for that matter? These are bold risks that the company continues to take...and Nintendo fans don't just buy it because they slap a logo on it. Nintendo fans are fickle and have high expectations. We'll show up in droves if you give us a good game...and we'll forget you exist if you don't. But keep on keeping on with the victim mentality now that Nintendo is riding a good press wave.

I get your sentiment but I feel like Arms and Splatoon are going to sell regardless because as I said people buy Nintendo games in bunches especially if the console has sold well. And when those titles are part of a very limited catalogue of games they are bond to do well because people need to play something on the new system they just bought. Arms isn't even getting great reviews and I guarentee you it will sell a whole lot. Also as I mentioned in a previous post I find a game like Arms or Splatoon incredibly chidlish. Nintendo is catering so much to kids which is good strategy but I don't have to like it. Sony and Microsoft have games for kids but that's not their main focus. Even the new Zelda which is fantastic could have been more gritty.

I agree with you, Zelda should have been more gritty.
If the main character does not drop a swear at least once per hour played it can not be considered a mature game.

Nintendo are putting an emphasis on 60 FPS (Something Phil obviously does not see as a priority) in most of their games such as:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Pokken Tournament Deluxe
ARMS
Splatoon 2
I am pretty sure Mario will be 60 FPS too

Nintendo are doing right by their customers, more so sometimes than Sony or Microsoft.

Around the Network

I honestly don't know if you are being serious or not... i'll assume you are serious.

You do realise that Nintendo's type of games are far, far different from what Sony, MS and most 3rd parties - if not all, really - do, right?

While others are making their Uncharted, Something Warfare Battlefield, A Creed, etc., Nintendo is making Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Yoshi, Splatoon, MK.

This is what competition is all about.
But i guess your idea of competition is equal to, for example, the shoe industry deciding that instead of making different type of shoes, they will make one type of shoes, and every company does them in a specific colour.

The Switch is doing really well because the mass market loved the concept and was in love with Zelda.
Then came MK8, a wonderful, fun, game.
Next we will see Mario Odyssey, which, unlike you, many think that it's brilliant.
"I get it's probably a fun game but how can you stack up this games against games like Red Dead, Anthem, etc"
Yeah... the world doesn't see through your eyes.... strange, right?

germibobi said:
John19 said:

A new IP came out literally 3 days ago

I'm sorry but I can't take this ARMS game seriously. It looks so chidlish. And while a new IP, it's not like they put as much effort to create this world/universe as Guerilla did with Horizon for example.

You were complaining about no new IP when Ninty is the first party game maker with the biggest catalogue of ips and the one that releases the most new ips more then both Sony Microsoft and many third and second parties. Plus hozion is an open world title while ARMS is a technical fighter. Its like comparing Michael Jackson songs to Mozart they are completely different genres and still music. And ARMS has a lot of technique and depth to it that's why everyone is praising it. You are pathetic at being a troll and now I will laugh at you for it

Haha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha

(All in goof fun mods please don't ban me for calling a troll a troll)

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

AlfredoTurkey said:
Turkish said:
Agreed, Nintendo needs to bring balance to the force now that MS has killed its 1st party and with it any chance the Xbox brand has.

Arrogant Sony is coming back, save us Nintendo, make more games! Kirby and Yoshi aint enough!

Nintendo is already stretched too thin. To do what you're asking of them, they have to get those third party companies on board. To get those, said companies need to stop trying to make games on the cutting edge graphically. They're too stupid to realize the money they're losing by doing that and the benefits of releasing on a console like Switch which is void of those types of games. 

It's a downward cycle.

They have released games on previous gen with lesser graphics and on HH so they know what is to release on less graphically demanding platforms. So you don't need to tell them what to do.

caffeinade said:
super_etecoon said:

What other company has the courage to make a AAA platformer in 2017,  or a motion controlled fighter.

germibobi is defiantly a troll.

Sony, Ratchet and Clank is still alive and PSVR is even more risky than a motion controlled fighter, just go look at the ROI of both projects.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

They literally brang a new IP this week.

NintendoPie said:
I'm so happy I'm on a forum so I can witness these hilarious responses to Nintendo success.

Always the same pattern.

Nintendo fails? Boast about how you're magically a genius for predicting their failure and say they should go third party

Nintendo succeeds? Cry about how they're actually terrible and are just lucky