By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest XI Direct announced for June 21

Please some update to the switch version :(

June 21 at 06am EST and 04am PT

The Direct, which will be 14 minutes long, will be all about Dragon Quest XI. According to the announcement, the Direct will be mainly about the 3DS version of the game and its exclusive features. It’s possible that the Switch version will also be shown off for the first time.

Stream

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

They will port the PS4 version to the Switch with probably a minor downgrade for portable mode.

Mystro-Sama said:
They will port the PS4 version to the Switch with probably a minor downgrade for portable mode.

Pretty much what I expect. 720P both modes 30FPS probably.

Shikamo said:

Please some update for the switch version :(

I assume the Direct will cover mostly the 3DS-version. This is what Square and Nintendo want to sell at the moment.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mystro-Sama said:

ps4 version with lowest resolution (540-720p/30fps handheld with dynamic resolution and 720p or 900p/30fps on docked mode), minor details, effects and draw distance, i think that's enough 

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Shikamo said:

Please some update for the switch version :(

I assume the Direct will cover mostly the 3DS-version. This is what Square and Nintendo want to sell at the moment.

i know, but i have hope (some teaser in the final maybe).

Shikamo said:
Mnementh said:

Yeah, they will probably not go without reconfirming it coming to the Switch. But I don't expect footage of the Switch-version and I think a release date is still unlikely.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Shikamo said:

Yeah, they will probably not go without reconfirming it coming to the Switch. But I don't expect footage of the Switch-version and I think a release date is still unlikely.

yeap, i think they will mention the switch version or a simple teaser just to remember the customers that version still exist.

I think they'll either not talk about the Switch version at all, or they will talk about it a lot. No inbetween. Either they commit to (for now) selling the 3DS and PS4 versions (obviously the PS4 version won't be featured in the direct) for now, and push the Switch version later, or they give the Switch version a more equal footing immediately, sacrificing some sales on the 3DS and PS4, in the hope of making it back with the Switch version later.

Teeqoz said:
I think they'll either not talk about the Switch version at all, or they will talk about it a lot. No inbetween. Either they commit to (for now) selling the 3DS and PS4 versions (obviously the PS4 version won't be featured in the direct) for now, and push the Switch version later, or they give the Switch version a more equal footing immediately, sacrificing some sales on the 3DS and PS4, in the hope of making it back with the Switch version later.

I think Dragon Quest is big enought that people might double-dip. 3DS owners have the incentive to buy the game again on Switch because of the better visuals, and PS4 owners have the incentive to buy the game again on Switch because of the portability. So maybe it won't affect their sales too much, since people can justify buying both versions.