By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many Metroid Prime games do you think we'll see?

This is a pretty simple thread. How many Metroid Prime games do you think we'll get, and why?

I see them making a second trilogy. They'll probably push the boundaries and make the new games stand out in comparison to other shooters. 

Only thing I wonder is if they're gonna port the original trilogy to Switch. Don't see why they wouldn't. For $60, it'd do well enough to give them profit (not like it'd be expensive anyways). A HD port would not only get some quick profits, but it'd help gain attention for the relatively niche series.

Around the Network

On Switch you mean? I think we'll get one or two Prime games on Switch, and then multiple on its successor. If Samus Returns sells decently (say 1.5 million) on 3DS, then we'll get Metroid Dread/5 on Switch also.

Everything is contingent on these games selling well though. Metroid Prime 4 needs to sell 2-2.5 million minimum, I'm thinking. It can definitely do that if it is an excellent game. There is ton of demand for it.

If it sells, then perhaps a trilogy of just a Metroid Prime series.
If not, them just one game because Metroid would be back in the freezer.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

A trilogy.

A second trilogy is very likely. I really doubt the whole trilogy will make it to the Switch though.
Basically it will probably be like this....
Metroid Prime 4 - Summer 2019
Metroid Prime 5 - Holiday 2021
Metroid Prime 6 (not on the Switch) - Holiday 2024

So a very similar release pattern to the original trilogy.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Man, a second trilogy would be like a dream coming true.

I want them to move away from Prime. So I'll say 1.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I just hope they don't call them 4, 5, and 6.

I really feel like they are going to make 1 Metroid Prime for the Switch and 2 Zelda titles (1 other than Botw). Possibly 2 Mario games depending on if it is needed or save one for the next launch. We may see 2 Prime titles or another First Person Metroid series on the next console. Heck, they may not even call this one Metroid Prime by the time it launches. We'll see.

spemanig said:
I just hope they don't call them 4, 5, and 6.

Well, 2 had echoes and 3 had corruption.  4 might be....revelation? resurrection?  For some reason I think it's going to be based on some kind of return dealy like Samus Returns.

Lube Me Up