By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many Metroid Prime games do you think we'll see?

mZuzek said:
spemanig said:

That would really disappoint me. The Prime story is finished, so a continuation of that makes no narrative sense. I think people are smart enough to understand what a game is without needing a literal reference. Bioshock Infinite didn't need a 3 and neither did the Witcher. As long as the gameplay looks like it's from the same series, that's all I think should matter. I get it for this presentation, but going forward I hope the name changes. If the conflict is between Sylux and Samus now, and not Dark Samus or the Metroid Prime anymore, the name should reflect that.

I wouldn't trust any person to be smart enough to just understand things like that, but the people who are guaranteed to buy the game (Metroid fans) will know what it is regardless of the name - if anything, it's better to call it something else, because having a "4" on the title really scares away newcomers.

I don't really think it scares them away that much. GTAV is by far the best selling in its franchise, and The Witcher III is too.

Around the Network

If Prime 4 is a good game that warrants sequels, I hope that they give the next entry enough of a release gap to breathe (3 1/2 - 4 years). One of the things that I thought held Echoes back from achieving better sales was that it was sold too soon after Prime and didn't give the userbase enough time to let things settle and crave a new entry. The longer development cycle would also give developers time to create distinctly unique qualities for each entry. Anyway, it's a pretty moot point considering that it would already take at least three years to finish a full-price 3D Metroid game because of HD development.

A New Trilogy.
It should work like the original trilogy, 2 Games on Switch and the other one on Switch sucessor.