By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Atari is coming back with a new console! Would you buy?

onionberry said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Don't Atari publish The Witcher?

Bandai Namco

Ah, my bad than

Around the Network

I wish they wouldn't call it the Ataribox though, they need something original.

No

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
onionberry said:

Bandai Namco

Ah, my bad than

No, Atari did publish the first Witcher game in the United States, then WB published the series here after that. Namco handled the European releases.

OT: don't really see what Atari is going to bring to the table at this point. Honestly they need to just sell their remaining assets to Namco, including the name, and have done with it. Even Microsoft is having a hard time with the Xbox One, and all three companies have far more resources than Atari. What do they hope to accomplish here?

onionberry said:
this could be fun, I would like to play a game about some kind of Extraterrestrial being.

Haha. If they remade ET and it was as good as Zelda BOTW, they'd sell a ton on intrigue alone. I think it will have a niche following. How niche will determine its success. Anything's possible.

Around the Network

Go home Atari. You're drunk.

zygote said:
onionberry said:
this could be fun, I would like to play a game about some kind of Extraterrestrial being.

Haha. If they remade ET and it was as good as Zelda BOTW, they'd sell a ton on intrigue alone. I think it will have a niche following. How niche will determine its success. Anything's possible.

Maybe a reboot of Adventure or SwordQuest?

Dmick90 said:

And it's supposedly an actual console and not one of those stupid retro flashback clone consoles.

I personally don't believe it, I'll wait until I see it to believe it.

Not really. Never even played an Atari console.

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WNsmCpdhhY

Looks interesting. If the Atari logo is atop the box, I think that would be pretty cool.