By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo have two games fighting for Game of the year ?

Around the Network

I think Mario Odyssey takes it, it looks amasing.

I love mario (more so than zelda) so maybe Im not the most objective person to ask, but I thought Mario looked way more impressive than zelda did. Also Im so damn happy they are going back to a game thats more akin to Mario Galaxy, than "super mario 3d world" (wii u, which I feel is a weaker mario game).

Nintendo has a pretty good shot... but so does Sony with Horizon. I was looking forward to get into a bunch of the new games that came out this year, but im a bit behind on my gaming. Personally I think Nioh and Zelda and Horizon look like the best games

Definitely. Breath of the Wild is the highest rated game in a long time and Super Mario Odyssey looks like it could be the best Mario ever!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Nintendo has a pretty good shot... but so does Sony with Horizon. I was looking forward to get into a bunch of the new games that came out this year, but im a bit behind on my gaming. Personally I think Nioh and Zelda and Horizon look like the best games

How can Horizon even compete with BoTW, it had overwhelmingly lower scores and it's already out or very low on weekly sale charts, while BoTW keep hanging on to 2nd or even 1st place some weeks...

It is a great game nonetheless, I am loving it, but it simply cannot compete with BoTW for GOTY

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

Around the Network

I think Odyssey will take it. BOTW was fantastic, but Odyssey just looks absolutely breathtaking.

The best 3D Zelda game ever made going up against what could be the best 3D Mario game ever made?
Sure, why not!

If Xenoblade 2 is like the original they could have 3.

Yes

you could also say these are the only two games fighting for goty, nothing else really has a chance tbh.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.