By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo have two games fighting for Game of the year ?

*ahem*

Around the Network
Tryklon said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Nintendo has a pretty good shot... but so does Sony with Horizon. I was looking forward to get into a bunch of the new games that came out this year, but im a bit behind on my gaming. Personally I think Nioh and Zelda and Horizon look like the best games

How can Horizon even compete with BoTW, it had overwhelmingly lower scores and it's already out or very low on weekly sale charts, while BoTW keep hanging on to 2nd or even 1st place some weeks...

It is a great game nonetheless, I am loving it, but it simply cannot compete with BoTW for GOTY

I said it looked the most interesting to me. I dont think it will be close in quality to BOTW when i get to it

Ok i have to be honest, i didnt watch the e3 in full and i havent caught up with all the trailers. F
After seeing the Mario Odyssey trailer... id like to change my answer xD

I hope BoTW takes it. It's a fantastic game and the best I've played since Splatoon. I'm not convinced of Odyssey yet, I'm sure they're just restricting what they show off, but so far it has seemed lacking in content and sort of filled with a lot of empty space, sooo yeah. I'm sure Nintendo will convince eventually, it just hasn't happened quite yet.

I just wonder whether the CO-OP on SMO might just hamper it critically. From what I've seen so far this year though nintys got it in the bag with BOTW

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

*ahem*

Persona is great, but it is also still pretty a small niche title, even with P5's success. 

Nintendo best game developer in 2017?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I'd argue it already has two contenders: BotW and MK8D. Based on series' pedigree, I'd add Xenoblade into the mix, along with Odyssey.

It's wild to think Switch, in its first 10 months on the market, could have four all-time great games.

PAOerfulone said:

*ahem*

Depending on how Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ends up shaping up, it may have some competition in the best RPG area.But yeah, P5 is definely a contender.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

PAOerfulone said:

*ahem*

As much as how happy I'd be for Atlus if they're game got GOTY I can't see it going up against these juggernauts. But I wouldn't be disappointed if it did.