Buy day one 44 21.26%

Wait for reviews 31 14.98%

Wait for price cut 10 4.83%

No thanks, dusty old driving sim. 42 20.29%

I'm going to mention the F word (orza) 46 22.22%

Total:207
NATO said:
Vasto said:

That is what Phil always said it would do. So far everything is working as intended.

NATO said:

But hey, it doesn't have GT Sport.

Now who's avoiding topics?

It's telling that you can't help but shill Microsoft in a GT Sport thread. Insecure much?

I am reponding to you and correcting your incorrections. You are the one that came in talking to me.

I never SHILLED anything. Is that even a real word?

Around the Network
NATO said:
Vasto said:

That is what Phil always said it would do. So far everything is working as intended.

NATO said:

But hey, it doesn't have GT Sport.

It's telling that you can't help but shill Microsoft in a GT Sport thread. Insecure much?

Known Xbox fan criticizes something about PlayStation. PlayStation fan, knowing that Xbox fan is Xbox fan, responds with digs at Xbox. The "argument" continues with both idiots shouting into the void, each not understanding what the other is saying. Things start to get personal, drifting further and further off topic...

Is this N4G or VGChartz?

for 20 years the series have been great without VR and now they can't get VR right and we want to fault them? Buying that shit day 1, i could give 2 shits about GT and VR.

I don't care about VR at all, just give me a good GT game and i'm sold.

Trunkin said:
NATO said:

Known Xbox fan criticizes something about PlayStation. PlayStation fan, knowing that Xbox fan is Xbox fan, responds with digs at Xbox. The "argument" continues with both idiots shouting into the void, each not understanding what the other is saying. Things start to get personal, drifting further and further off topic...

Is this N4G or VGChartz?

Playstation fan? who are you kidding.

Consoles are for peasants.

Around the Network

It shouldn't need to be said anymore...but apparently it does. If you'd like to discuss Forza or the Xbox ecosystem, there are plenty of threads for that. Keep on topic, or post somewhere else. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

SuperBott said:
my prediction - psvr will be forgotten just like PS Move was.

This is a strange comment considering PS Move has been supported in over 50 titles in the last 8 months, and has dozens of games announced that require it. Going on 7 years, and Move has more support now than it ever has.

SvennoJ said:

I'll still buy it day 1 (never pre-order), yet will also only play the VR portion. Perhaps that will give them some data that I won't be buying any DLC unless it adds to the VR experience. It's a shame though, I had hoped that you could at least race online in VR. Dirt Rally and DC manages with 6 cars on track online. It has big downgrades in graphics yet that came from 30fps with an engine never designed for VR. GT Sport already runs at 60fps with 18 cars on track. Dialing all the way back down to 2 cars is a bit much.

I will have to see once it arrives. If the image quality is incredible, and looks like nothing else I have played in VR, then I will give them props. If there is still a ton of compromise, then I will be quite disappointed that they didn't give us a decent racing expereince.

Like you said, hopefully, since we will only be playing the VR mode, they will get the idea that VR is important.

DonFerrari said:

Yes since the graphics inside VR are quite lower, they could go for 720p or 900p 60fps on PSVR and them keep most content... or sony could just commend a DLC or VR enhanced mode to a 3rd party to do that if PD is overdoing on other things.

I don't think you want VR at 720p or 900p. 1080p is ~2MP, 720p is only `1MP. You don't want a 1MP image stretched out across a nearly 300" display. 

Polyphony may have decided to super sample the game like many others have done for PSVR titles. They could be running the standard PS4 internally at 1440p and the Pro at 4K for the VR stuff. Even though the PSVR is only 1080p, the massive amount of extra data would greatly help the image quailty.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Does VR work with wheel and pedals (and optionally gear lever instead of gear paddles)?
If not, then it's not for me in driving sims.
If yes, I'm not totally convinced yet, anyway.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

Why should they? If they don't put the first generation of it them they won't be quite able to progress as much for the next one. I rather have prototype users enjoying and helping improve than wait forever and the refined not being much better

You sure take the opinion of one as the opinion of all.

But you surely is an expert on economy and knows what is the best choice for Sony and their products.

Are you enjoying taking what i say out of context?. If you find a problem in what i say (Understandable if you dont even read it going by your reply), then im sorry i can be of no help to you.

Sure sure... you weren't telling that they should just make the VR for the less than 3M PS4Pro, that who know how much have VR and are interested in GT instead of making it for the 60M total users with 1M VR that would mean more sales anyway.

KBG29 said:
SuperBott said:
my prediction - psvr will be forgotten just like PS Move was.

This is a strange comment considering PS Move has been supported in over 50 titles in the last 8 months, and has dozens of games announced that require it. Going on 7 years, and Move has more support now than it ever has.

SvennoJ said:

I'll still buy it day 1 (never pre-order), yet will also only play the VR portion. Perhaps that will give them some data that I won't be buying any DLC unless it adds to the VR experience. It's a shame though, I had hoped that you could at least race online in VR. Dirt Rally and DC manages with 6 cars on track online. It has big downgrades in graphics yet that came from 30fps with an engine never designed for VR. GT Sport already runs at 60fps with 18 cars on track. Dialing all the way back down to 2 cars is a bit much.

I will have to see once it arrives. If the image quality is incredible, and looks like nothing else I have played in VR, then I will give them props. If there is still a ton of compromise, then I will be quite disappointed that they didn't give us a decent racing expereince.

Like you said, hopefully, since we will only be playing the VR mode, they will get the idea that VR is important.

DonFerrari said:

Yes since the graphics inside VR are quite lower, they could go for 720p or 900p 60fps on PSVR and them keep most content... or sony could just commend a DLC or VR enhanced mode to a 3rd party to do that if PD is overdoing on other things.

I don't think you want VR at 720p or 900p. 1080p is ~2MP, 720p is only `1MP. You don't want a 1MP image stretched out across a nearly 300" display. 

Polyphony may have decided to super sample the game like many others have done for PSVR titles. They could be running the standard PS4 internally at 1440p and the Pro at 4K for the VR stuff. Even though the PSVR is only 1080p, the massive amount of extra data would greatly help the image quailty.

Well from what I see each lens is half 1080p more or less. So GT being basically 4k and perhaps they using 4k on the VR (which would be more than necessary) I say they could go for less overkill and properly scale down for what VR needs.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Does VR work with wheel and pedals (and optionally gear lever instead of gear paddles)?

Well considering all GTs have supported it and that Driveclub VR also supports my Thrustmaster I don't see why GTS wouldn't.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

[...]

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Well considering all GTs have supported it and that Driveclub VR also supports my Thrustmaster I don't see why GTS wouldn't.

Good. In this case, and for all driving games with optional VR, not just GT, my doubt is that VR immersion will be somehow ruined by lack of correct feedback of your hands position on wheel and gear lever, unless an advanced VR set with full body or at least also hands and not just head tracking is used.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!